Regus Group / automatic renewal of lease

1 Irving, TX, United States

I'm very disappointed with Regus Automatic Renewal of Lease.

My current lease will be expired on 7/31. I got an email saying the last day to stop renew the next year's agreement is 5/1. I missed the date but went to the office site on 5/2 trying to cancel the automatic renewal of lease. Of course, a lady at the front desk declined my cancellation request. Surprisingly, she was very rude and seemed angry at me (although I think I'm the side who has been unfairly treated). I simply asked her to explain the terms and asked if I can cancel or terminate the renewal lease, she stood up and answered "you missed the date for the last notification so you cannot cancel it. You must pay the rent until 7/31/2019. You can try contacting the manager or the corporation but nothing you can do to cancel it", then she interrupted the conversation and started talking on a phone. I called the manager right away, and he promised to work on the case. Now a week after that, I've heard nothing from the manager. I sent follow-up emails but no respond at all. I tried to call the manager on his cellphone but he didn't even pick up the phone.

• Regus Group Customer Care's Response, May 09, 2018

Dear Chris,
    We are sorry to receive your feedback and to hear that you are unhappy. We take renewals very seriously and take great care in communicating how the process works. Furthermore, it’s our goal to make this an efficient yet very simple process for all our customers.
    If for any reason this easy process doesn’t work for you, then we deeply apologise.
    Prior to any renewal, our customers receive courtesy reminder emails, ensuring you are kept informed at all times and never taken by surprise. These emails provide several options on price, term, and the possibility to end the agreement if required.
    We are very sorry if you didn’t receive these emails. Please note that it is always worth checking your contact details are up to date on www.myregus.com, where you can check the status of your account at any time. You also have the option to amend or end your agreement through your online account.
    Should you require additional information or would like us to assist you further, then please do not hesitate to contact us at customer.[protected]@regus.com; we will be happy to help.

• Updated by Chris Yao, May 09, 2018

You mentioned "Once your agreement has renewed, we will confirm it but if anything isn’t to your satisfaction we will still offer additional options if we hear from you quickly after the event."

I've contacted both the local office and the customer service, they told me there is no other options, once the agreement has been renewed, the only option is to complete the whole term. There is even no early termination policy.

I understand why people say it sucks:

+ only email notification
    + 90-day notice to stop automatic renewal
    + auto renewal with increased price
    + no cancellation policy
    + no early termination policy
    + no downgrade option
    + no returned calls from the manager
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    = a loophole Regus manipulated to steal every penny from the consumer

Ch