Regis Homes / Dishonest Business Practise and wont return deposit

1 San Jose, CA, United States Review updated:

Hi,

We signed a contract with Regis Homes in San Jose Downtown in community "One East Julian" last October. We were told specifically by the sales reps that we were allowed to back out within 30 days. ASSURED us that we could even after we signed contract. We were also told that they were FHA approved and didnt have to comply a percentage of homes sold. This was stated multiple times by the all the sales rep - and i am not exaggerating on this. Even the Mortgage bankers they had there stated so.

Before 30 days, we backed out and now they wont return our deposit of 16, 500. The Sales Manager agreed that they misled us but she said, IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT WE THE SALES PERSON TELL YOU, ITS WHATS IN THE CONTRACT THAT WILL BE FOLLOWED. Now is that correct to say? Isnt that FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? Isnt that owning the fact that they misled us?

I sent mail to the VP of Marketing and with the Manager and i have not heard from them at all. I see this as a bad business practise of LYING to get people to put down their hard earned money just so they can keep the money.

The Real Estate board has to investigate the selling practise used by these sales people.

Ja

Comments

• Th
      3rd of Feb, 2010

Report them to the Department of Real Estate. If they owned up to misleading you, you might be able to help revoke their license.

• Su
      29th of Jun, 2012

I have exactly same problem with Regis Homes and still fighting with them . I complained to Better business bureau and still waiting for a resolution on it.