Regions Financial Corporationunauthorized charges unsatisfied customer service

I went to my local branch at Winchester and Hickory Hill in Memphis, Tn. to get assist with a problem that I had with an issue involving unauthorized charges being made on a bank saving account I’ve never used. When I entered the customer service area, I was greeted with a bewildered look by your customer service rep. questioning me if I needed help or not. I wouldn’t have been in that area if I didn’t need help. Mr. Jonathon Sharp after that first encounter became cordial stating, “How can I help you Ms. Hart.” I explained to him that I was involved in automobile accident 1/12/15 in which I was hospitalized for a month due to this my checking account was overdrawn due to me not being able to work or to make the deposits necessary to cover my automatic debit bill payments. After I was released from the hospital I went to the location on Union to satisfy the overdraft fee but since it was over 30 days I couldn’t keep this account opened so I had to open new one. When I got home I went to my PayPal account and remove that closed account information and reentered my new account which was set as my default. I’ve had this PayPal account since I opened my business in 2003 which I listed both my checking and saving because I bought and sold items on eBay. When I purchased items on eBay the right checking account was charged correctly however if I purchased items outside of eBay the PayPal systematic defaulted my billing to my bank saving in which I’ve never utilized or had funds available. I received a settlement payment and I deposited $1, 000 of that money into my checking account so I made numerous purchases during that time but didn’t notice or received any notices that the purchases I made outside of eBay my facial products from Specific Beauty for $33, a lamp replacement bulb for Amazon, and $3 worth of coins 3 times to play Facebook games were being debited from my bank saving account. Each of these transactions were sent through 2 times and I was charged $36 NSF charge for each transaction. So this continued each of these merchants kept running these transactions and still yet to get paid. My bank saving account had reach $300 + in overdraft fees. I called PayPal and they apologized for this error and changed in their computer system my default account to be charged which was not updated in their system if you purchase something outside of eBay. She gave me a $20 credit and gave me a letter to give to the bank so they could refund me some of my NSF fees. The letter basically blamed me for this error in which was a total LIE and to look at my account to see what account was being charged. Your bank started taking money out of my checking account to recover the overdraft fees causing my checking account to be overdrawn jeopardizing my life insurances policies I have on my family members, health insurance, phone and physical therapy through ATC Fitness I have setup for automatic debit. Jonathon stated that we can talk three way on the phone with someone from PayPal in which I spoke with a supervisor David who promised to call me back the next day so we can resolve this issue. He never called me back. I asked Jonathon that I had a debit transaction coming in for my granddaughter’s life insurance policy and if I needed to deposit some more money to prevent this transaction from being declined he said no they would get it taken care of. The next morning I called Jonathon to let him know that my checking account was in the negative due to insufficient funds because they had taken out NSF charges and collection fees. Threating the cancellation of my granddaughter life insurance policy. Jonathon transferred the call to Ms. Evans who is the branch manager who said she would be taking over this problem. When I called her she was either at lunch or Jonathon weren’t available at the time. To this day she has yet to call me back to help. I finally got a manager from PayPal on the line three way to discuss this issue I was told by a lady who answered the phone that I needed to come back into the branch to discuss this issue in which Jonathon told me differently. I told Dennis let’s call the Region department in charge of collections who stated that I needed to talk with a customer service rep. who could help to resolve this issue. I spoke with a young man that said he could only probably return $36 of my NSF fees. I told Dennis at PayPal usually if you try to make a transaction and there are no funds available that the transaction would be declined which would have alerted me that there was a problem prompting me to call PayPal for them to update my billing information when using PayPal outside of eBay. I’ve been in business for over 13 yrs. an IT specialist and the owner of Superior Computer Repair & Service in which I’ve spent over $10, 000 + or more in products and services from them and to blame me for their system not updating my information and them not returning my money is just APPALLING. He stated they don’t operate like the banks they just allow you the product or services even if that account doesn’t have money in it or to receive a notice to alert that this was happening until one day a negative balance pop up under banking saving. In which I stated should be illegal you should operate just like banks if you are handling my money. I used PayPal to protect my banking information but they are the ones stealing it. I closed my PayPal and bank saving account and at the end of Feb. I will close my checking account. I opened an account at The Navy Federal Credit Union. I was hit head on and the injuries I sustain I’m still recovering from. My right leg was broken and my knee with detached from my thigh and my thigh was broken in to, 4 fractured ribs and sternum, back injuries, and 3 aneurysms in my head. My family had to pack up my things and put them in storage. I was bedridden for 3 months and required a wheelchair until I was able to use a walker to walk, now I’m able to walk with a cane. I’m waiting on my SS Disability and the final settlement from my car accident. I just don’t have this type of money just to be taken from. My fiancée and family members have helped me over these couple of years financially and for this to happen to me while I’m sick and at the lowest point in my life is strictly APPALLING !!!

Ha