Regions Bank Credit Card / FIA Card Services / added unauthorized charges!

1 AL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 205-640-3894

FIA card services added what they called a credit protection plan to my closed account that took a 3k bal to 7 k since 2002 with no purchases. This company is a scam! They do not even have a credit protection department, I have called over 20 times trying to get this problem solved any when they try to transfer me to that dept. the phone goes dead.

My name is Dale Barker and I am in the process of filing a lawsuit against FIA Services and Regions Bank. I can be contacted @ barkerd@alltel.net if you have a similar problems maybe we can go class action.

Comments

• Vi
      30th of Apr, 2008

This FIA card services is really a fraud company. When I tried to reach costumer service they never tried to help me out. If there is any law to Sue these guys, Please let me know.

• Bi
      14th of Oct, 2008

My name is Bill McElwee and i am having similar problems as the rest of the regions fia clients are, each month the amount i owe has changed they keep telling me that i am a month behind
    in what i owe when in truth i have paid my payment's on time.I am at my wits end with all of this, they have yet to correct the problem that is their fault something has to be done about this company.

Sincerly

Bill McElwee

• Da
      20th of Nov, 2008

I have just received a letter from Regions/FIA to tell me that my interest rate is going up 10%, even on my present balance. I can opt out of this they said and keep my 15.9% rate, but the minute I use the card again it will go up to 25.99%. I believe that this is illegal, according to the treasury dept bank regulations ombudsman, I told the customer service girl on the phone and she said they can do whatever they want. Has anyone else had this problem? She said I was a very good customer, always paid the card on time, but they were looking at my overall credit. I have never missed a payment on any cards and everytime I pay a card down, my limit drops to what I owe...

15th of Oct, 2009

I too have a problem with this company. I recently pair off two credit cards and rolled it over to a FIA card at 0%, or so I thought. I had a credit card (Bank of America) that is apparently processed through FIA. When I tried to pay off the card online, I realized that the parent company was the same, so I could not pay it off. About a week after I got the card, I received a phone call from a customer service rep from FIA. When I told him I would not be using the card because I could not pay off the balance on the Bank of America card, he suggested that I use one of the checks that FIA sends out along with the new card to pay off the Bank of America card. He told me to just write the check to myself, cash it and then use the funds to pay of the card. He told me that the checks were under the promotion of 0% but that there was a slightly higher transaction fee than the usual 2%. When the checks arrived, I used one to pay off the card. I just received my statement and saw that I was not only charged a higher transaction fee but that I was paying 19.5% interest on the amount I wrote the check for. When I called to find out why I was not getting the promotional rate of 0%, I was told that I used a cash advance check and that it is at 19.5%. I explained that I thought I was using the promotional check because that was what the customer service rep had told me to do. She said I shoud have read the fine print and the only thing I could do was pay the credit card balance at 19.5%. Long story, short, when I told her that this was unaccepatable, she transferred me to another department. After speaking with someone in this new departrment (he, too, could not help), I was transferred yet again to the credit department. Twenty-eight minutes later, after reviewing my account (I have excellent credit with a rating of over 800), this person told me that there was nothing she could do and that I would have to pay off the card at the high interest rate. I feel that this company is a scam and that they are probably doing this to a lot of people. Is there anything I can do or someone I can go to to report these deceptive business practices?

• Pa
      4th of Oct, 2010

This company is unbelievable, they must be in business to share profits with other companies with their dubious transactions. I used one credit card for one night stay at a hotel and that hotel charged me for four nights on one card, they charged me for another night (the same night) on the FIA card and when I disputed this fradulent charge with FIA they (FIA) had the gall to make another charge to another of my accounts which I had closed 6 years ago. WHAT are they up to? Who watches out for these people? My credit score was also very high and I always pay everything off each month, how can you keep pristine credit when the very persons you trust to keep your information straight deliberately mess up your accounting? I was wondering how FIA got my old CC information, now I find out that FIA processed the BOA card information. Is this legal to keep exponentially increasing charges that were NEVER used? How can they charge an account that was closed by me 5-6 years ago? That card was cut up long ago. Shame on you FIA and Holiday Inn Express Carlsbad I hope you get what you deserve.

• Ni
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Regions Financial Corporation - Mortgage loan.
    Auburn
    Alabama

I had apply for loan for 2 and half months now, one underwriter already approved for the loan now still waiting for the Second underwriter, but haven’t get any answer, we already rent out our current home by Oct 01 2017, we feel so lose now don’t know what to do. And the seller very upset and won’t renew the contract with us anymore.

• Ty
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Regions Financial Corporation - Non authorized withdrawal
    Gallatin
    Tennessee

My student loan check was ACH deposited into an account that was not mine and complete check was withdrew without my authorization or knowledge. Per regions policy this should not have been able to withdrawal it should have been sent back to volstate. I am getting complete run around with CS I just want what belongs to me

• Ca
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Regions Financial Corporation - Stolen Funds From My Checking Account.

Bank Card Over Charge By $107.00
    I Have Summit A Form W/Regions
    Bank.Also Filled Police Report W/The
    Tallahassee Police Dept. The Information Is In My Bank Record.
    Why Is Regions Doing Me Like This.
    Regarding My [Funds]???

• Do
      13th of Nov, 2018
    Regions Financial Corporation - nonsufficient charges
    Conway
    Arkansas
    regions.com

My account was overdrawn on 01/30/17 but what I am upset about is that the NSF of $108.00 was taken out at the same time the deposit hit. When I called, the teller only refunded $36.00 of the NSF fee. I would like a refund of the whole $108.00 amount.

Donna Lewis