Regions Bank — fraud and cheating
I am another regions customer who was victimized by Regions' scam. The bank held a deposit and allowed payments to transact so that they can collect 105 dollars worth of fees. I keep an accurate transaction register, I made a deposit, called my bank and looked on the on-line ledger. Everything indicated that I had enough money to cover a 45 dollar debit at Kroger. In order to be even more on the safe side, I went ahead and made a deposit for 100 dollars to safe guard against errors. A lot of good it did me.
Here is how it worked. The bank held the deposit, allowed a transaction to go through, charged me an overdraft fee for that transaction and since I was cutting it so close, everything after that first NSF bounce resulting in 105 dollar overdraft fees. Since I did not allot for NSF, of course I would have bounced transactions.
Of course, the banks are right because they are the ones who have control over when they allow transactions to take place. This BS about real time is a bunch of crock. Regions hold deposits on purpose so that they can steal and defraud you of money. The sad part is that no matter how much customers complain of their unfair practice, I have not read anywhere where customers get resolutions.
More Regions Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Regions Bank - scam and abuse! 
- Regions Bank - atm deposit not applied to account 
- Regions Bank - account closure for no reason 
- Regions Bank Credit Card / FIA Card Services - added unauthorized charges! 
- Regions Bank - notarized lien release letter 
- Regions Bank - representatives at branch
- Fia Card Services Regions bank - unethical, lying, no customer response
- Regions Financial Corporation - trust
- Regions Financial Corporation - unauthorized transaction
- Regions Bank - courtesy, but for whom?