Regional Yellow Pages Online / suspect debt

1 Uniondale, NY, United States Review updated:

same complaint --- i recieved several calls saying i owed for advertising when i never authorized this company to perform any services for me --- they played a tape recording of a young high school girl who works in the afternoon saying yes we would pay the bill if we owed it --- she is underage and i do not owe a bill --- the can produce nothing saying we ever entered into any agreement for these services ---- now they are warning they are going to turn my account over to a collection agency

Comments

• Sp
      23rd of Mar, 2010

Has Your Office Encountered The Online Yellow Pages Scam?

Phony directories and yellow pages - Phony directories or yellow page scams usually target small to medium sized businesses. The scam manifests itself in the form of solicitors calling businesses and seeking to verify the company's name and physical location, and allegedly calling to "renew" or "re-enroll" an existent yellow pages listing or advertisement. Many companies or their employees are misled into accepting the alleged "renewals." The illegitimate directory provider immediately sends an invoice for this service, usually in the amount of hundreds of dollars, and threatens businesses with collections or credit report damage should they dispute the charges or decline to pay.

Harassing calls, threats and use of obscene language can pressurize you to the edge and moreover, a collector may embarrass you by contacting your employer or even be pursued to disburse for a debt that is not rightfully yours.

There are limits on how far telemarketers can go, that is why we provide information on how to put an end to telemarketer calls and more efficiently, how to correspond with them about your account and/or to dispute a collection action and can teach you what are your rights in terms of privacy.
    You can find out more information on our website: www.spgconsultants.com

By informing each other, we protect each other

SPG Consultants

• Sc
      24th of Mar, 2010

Our business was contacted the same was way as listed above, I'm the bookkeeper, Mgr, and was standing next to one of our owner's, when he recived the same call as listed as
    above, claiming we had an outstanding bill. Explained to him that we had no such service,
    he thought that possibly his business partner had set up. I explained we are connected to
    two others services, and no others. He asked the person to send a final bill, so I could contact them to explain. We recieved the bill, I called asked to speak with a Mgr who could assist me. I recieved a call back from a Lisa Johnson, who had given me a number 866-689-5084, ext 305. It took a couple calls back in forth, and she finally reached me. When I explained what happen, we went back in forth; and near the end of the call she said to me "Your not listing Damm it, and hung up. We have no intentions of paying this bill, but would love to know what else we could do to stop this from happening again, or to anyone else.

• Em
      30th of Jul, 2010

YES IT IS A SCAM...DO NOT PAY...HANG UP...CALL YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL!
    IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID BY CC, CALL AND REVERSE PAYMENT.

IF YOU ARE BEING HARASSED, CALL YOUR LOCAL POLICE WITH A COMPLAINT. THE LOCAL POLICE WILL CALL THESE GUYS.

ACCREDITED COLLECTION AGENCY IS IN ON THE SCAM, THEY CAN DO NOTHING TO YOUR CREDIT.

ALL MONEY MADE BY RYPO IS SENT BACK TO PAKISTAN TO FUEL THE AL-QAEDA.

RYPO CONNECT (Written on Door) REGIONAL YELLOW PAGES ONLINE
    1425 Rene Leveques West*
    Montreal, Quebec Canada
    4th floor - Suite 402

Calls made from Montreal* and Pakistan.
    *Building: http://www.imtl.org/montreal/building/Hotel-Ford.php

Regional Yellow Pages Online - Script

May I speak with the Office Manager please. . .

Hi, my name is - -. I am calling with the Regional Yellow Pages. I am calling regarding your request that you made about three months ago, that you want to remove your listings from our database and cancel all your future listings. Is that correct?

Yes = Closer. No = Opener

An opener means you do not want to cancel and will be charged the $479.95. This rarely happens so it will be mostly a Closer.

Closer

Alright - What I will do today is that l will close your account and provide you with a cancellation file # and also, we will send you a Letter of Closure stating that the account is permanently closed with us, which means that we will not be contacting you for any renewals or updates, and we will also put it on our do-not- call, do-not-renew list, OK.

Since the listings were started in - - they will expire in - - and will be purged from our database.

You will also receive the balance of the invoice, which is $ 479.95 and the invoice will be marked FINAL on it.

Do you use purchase order numbers down there or should we just mail this invoice to your attention?

Alright, and the address we have on file is - - OK and your name is- - ? And position - - . Are you authorized to approve and accept this Final Invoice for your Company? (Must be Yes)

OK someone from my Quality Control Department will give you a call later on today and will confirm the mailing address and provide you with your file number.
    Anything else I can do for you today?

Thanks for your time and business, and have a great day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMERICAN COLLECTION COMPANY INVOLVED IN THE CROSS BORDER SCAM