Regional Adjustment Bureau / harassing phone calls looking for another person

1 TX, United States Review updated:

My mother and I are receiving harassing phone calls looking for another person. The caller does not want to give out their company name and when told the person they are looking for is not at the address or phone number they are calling the caller becomes pushy. When asked where/ who they are calling for they won't give the company name. It takes minimal research to discover they are from Regional Adjustment Bureau out of Memphis Tenn. My husband is facing back surgery (3rd time) and my father has just weeks left to live due to lung cancer. We certainly do not need this additional stress.

Comments

• Ic
      27th of Aug, 2009

I too am being harassed by Regional Adjustment Bureau looking for another person. I have told them that this person does not reside here nor has this phone number and was told that the number would be removed from the calling list but the calls continue. They are liars and frauds from all I can see. If I can find the person thru the internet then they should be able to also, but they undoubtably have made no such effort.

• Pa
      24th of Feb, 2010

We've been serving our country overseas for the past 10 years, and have only just returned this past summer (2009). Phone was installed and within 5 weeks, an 800 number would show up, the phone ringing at all hours of the night and pre-dawn. When answering machine picks up, dead air records until caller finally hangs up.
    Today, I guess they decided to add a voice.
    The caller was looking for another individual we'd never heard of. When I explained we were newly returned to the country and didn't know anyone in this new location, I was told that the person they were looking for had used our name as a reference, our phone number AND our address and that if we didn't provide information regarding this individual's location, WE would be slapped with the collection.
    Bring it.
    Grew tired of the collection agent's mafia style bullying, so hung up.
    Called the 800 number that was still in my phone log. With the effort of a dentist pulling teeth, I was finally able to get the name of the company--they don't answer stating their name, they answer stating YOUR name, in this case, the individual they'd called my house looking for. I was told my name and number would be removed from their system.
    Uh huh.
    Reading other complaints, it would seem people finally cave and pay them for debts not of their making. Furthermore, I have to wonder why the state prosector's office of Tennessee, where RAB is located, hasn't stepped in, as there are over 200 complaints agaisnts this company's apparent mafioso conduct and fraudulent collections.
    Me?
    I'll begin by changing my phone number and watching my credit report because the caller threatened to destroy MY credit 'if I didn't 'cough up where I was hiding Mr. X'.
    Yeah...can you say lawsuit? I knew you could.