Regency Furniture / cancellation policy is a rip off!

I visited the Regency Furniture Store in Largo on April 12,2007. I saw a bedroom set that caught my eye, so I put the set on layaway. The set was a 1,300 dollar set. The following day I went out and did some shopping and saw a set at another store that I purchased and I went back to Regency to cancel my layaway. I was informed that they would give me a refund minus a 10% charge.

I put $350 down on my layaway so they kept 142.00. I asked if they could give me a store credit for the 142.00 and they said no. I think that their cancellation policy is just a fancy way of them taking people's money. The manager that was on duty was no help and offered no solutions and was hardly listening to me. I will never shop regency again because of their unfair store policies. I could see if I had my layaway in for a while, but it had not even been 24hours and they charged me 142.00. It's not like the items had been ordered or anything so what is the 142.00 for?

Comments

• Su
      9th of May, 2008

Not only their cancellation policy but thir custmer care service is not for caring the customer but themself only... Customer service will tell you taht Mr. LEE their GM will call you but he will never call... You have done the right thing not to go there. I am fighting for more then six moths for a sofa set I purchsed from them. It has bad workman ship/ defective

• Ev
      28th of May, 2009

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING AT REGENCY FURNITURE IN YONKERS, NY 2350 CENTRAL PARK AVENUE. ALSO, DO NOT LET ANYONE IN THE STORE CON YOU INTO GETTING A GE BANK CREDIT CARD AT THE STORE. I SAY GE BANK AND REGENCY FURNITURE ARE BOTH WORKING TOGETHER TO RIP OFF HARD WORKING CONSUMERS. I REPEAT DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN THIS STORE. MY NIGHTMARE CONTINUES TO THIS DAY ONE YEAR LATER...IT'S TOO LONG TO GO INTO BUT THE LATEST IS GE BANK CHARGED ME $1, 300 A RIDICULES WHOPPING FINANCE CHARGE BECAUSE THEY CLAIM THE DEFERRED FINANCE CHARGE PROMO WAS GOOD FOR ONE YEAR. THIS IS NOW MAY 2009 BUT WE DID NOT GET OUR FURNITURE UNTIL AUGUST OF 2008. GE BANK SAID CALL THE STORE BECAUSE THEY PUT THE PURCHASE THROUGH IN APRIL OF 2008. RIPP OFF@#$%^&*()_!@#$%^&*()_#$%^&*() I REPEAT DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS ESTABLISHMENT!

5th of Oct, 2009

Someone help me out - I wish I would have done my homework before going to this store. I feel like I am about to get gipped. Can I just contact my bank and say my deposit is false and I will not even be recieving my merchandise? They sold a couch of ours and supposedly ordered a newo ne - but that does not make sense because when we were there - this couch was discontinued and they had no more - anywhere.

They have awful customer service and their policy is bogus. We have "two weeks" until the furniture shows up...I feel like it wont show up and if it does, itll be the wrong items.

• Jb
      11th of Oct, 2010

man it's crazy how many people have complaints about regency after what happened to me i'm really happy that people are taken action against these scam's that regency are doning i wish they can send some to spy on them and shut them down and i found out that they own a few ashley home stores in the baltimore area so always do your research about anyone before you buy anything i will soon make a video and put it on youtube all about regency furniture then you will see how bad it will be b/c i got more to do for them i will make sure they close down watch me make it happen good luck everyone and do not i mean do not shop there or you will see what everyone is talking about

• Fh
      19th of Jan, 2011

I think that store in Yonkers is a different Regency.