RegCure.com / Incomplete information, no response, no refund!

Regcure said that the Software was free and it would fix computer problems instantly. First misleading statement:

After downloading the software I ran it and it found over 1300 errors on my hard drive. It fixed 16 and told me to register the software to fix the other errors.

Second misleading statement:

I found out that I had to register the software to do the job at hand, that’s when I found out that is was not free, it cost $29.99. I opted to do it because I thought if I purchased the software and fixed the computer, I would be good for now and in the future. That’s when I found out that it was a one year subscription. Very misleading.

After confirming and downloading the software I read the instructions and there was a very distinct “Warning” to examine the group of 1300 files that were found to have errors, to be sure that I agreed that these files were ok to delete. WOOO. That’s not what I was lead to believe I was buying. That was all I could handle… I had enough.

Charles D. McClain.

More RegCure.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Bw
      30th of Mar, 2007

I payed the 29.95 to RegCure but can get no satisfaction with a problem complaint. They have no support phone number (or any other phone number that I can find) and the problem I posted with them on support.regcure.com website has not been answered for a week. Support seems to be nonexistent. Is this program/company a scam?

31st of Mar, 2007

Update on previous post

After emails to Regcure, Clickbank, the on line banking service that was used for the RegCure transaction, sent me an email stating that my money was refunded. That I appreciated.

8th of Apr, 2007

I was contacted by an individual wanting to know more about my Regure Problem. I sent e-mail to both Regcure and Clickbank voicing a very strong complaint. Clickbank refunded my money. That's all I can tell you. I did send a couple of emails to Regure, stating that I had contacted Clickbank about my problem. All I know is I got a full refund. It could be the old saying that the "squeaking wheel get the grease." I have sense deleted my url addresses for contacting these people but if you have your emails saved, try them, that's what I did.

Cmcc

16th of Sep, 2007

i purchased the regcure program online and thought i could have a nice value for my purchase... when i tried the regcure, it instantly slows my computer, every program in it, my computer is only 2 month old and running on windows vista home premium, intel core 2 duo, and it wasn't supposed to be this slow... cause usually when i click on an icon the program opens up in an instant, but after i purchase regcure, it will take me 1min before any windows opens... why is it like this? if i will remove regcure will my computer be ok and go back to it's original speed? won't it damage anything?

and could you pls give the contact info for the refund for this regcure???? may be regcure works to other computer but it sure didn't work on mine...

• Er
      17th of Sep, 2007

Charles D. Mcclain state most of my complaints about this company. I have have had nothing but grief from this software company. I highly recommend that you go else-where for a reputable software company that is not from Canada. Maybe to Iran!!!

• Ri
      23rd of Sep, 2007

After i purchased Regcured. it did nothing for my computer. its not faster its slower and it didn't fix any of the problems it said that it was going to. I want a full refund and to know that my computer and my account aren't going to get ripped off.

• El
      30th of Oct, 2007

I was told it was free... then when I ran the scan it came back with numerous errors that I was told they couldn't fix unless I registered.
    I was prompted to register in order for the scan to work, so I agreed to purchase the package to get rid of the errors they found. The cost was $29.95. When I agreed to do that and printed my receipt it was for $39.00.. not $29.95. Tried talking to the live chat and they pretended to be totally ignorant of the situation and told me when I was registering I should un-check that box. There was no box or options. I will be going to my bank so I cancel the whole transaction.
    I've have tried getting a phone number to call and that isn't available. If you have one let me know. I will also be filing a complaint with the consumer Protection agency.

• Mi
      6th of Nov, 2007

Yeah, I am having a similar problem as most. The product failed to do as advertised. Now I can't seem to contact them nor get my money back.

I already filed s complaint with my bank, and will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and whoever else that have authority on this issue- I will be blogging about RegCure and their problematic service on myspace, craigslist & any other sites I deem popular.

• Ti
      19th of Nov, 2007

I too am having problems as the program is not removing programs because it says my license is not registered. Also they charged me twice for the program. I want my money back.

• Ro
      14th of Dec, 2007

regcure is a scam, pure and simple, too much hassle, too much trouble too much of everything negative nothing positive

• Ro
      14th of Dec, 2007

as of right now i've been ripped off for $29.95, i've spent 3 to 5 hours trying to get my license key activated.

• Me
      14th of Jan, 2008

I need a contact number to cancel please help.

• Ta
      7th of Feb, 2008

i purchased the regcure and then i had work done to my computer and he erased regcure but i don't remember my registration number can you tell me what it is

• El
      11th of Feb, 2008

Regcure did nothing for my computer.

3rd of Mar, 2008

Reg will not turn off. At logoff it states do not log off 90 errors. Can you turn this thing off or delete? Watch for did not register. SCAM.

• Pa
      11th of Mar, 2008

I spent 39.00 and it was only supposed to cost 29.00, thats the first problem the second is I have to run it 2 or 3 times a week because the errors keep coming back. And I have to run it 3 times each time I run it to get rid of the errors. But it don't matter they come back anyways. I was wondering now that you ripped me off do I get my money back or what.

• Te
      19th of Mar, 2008

Won;t even finish scanning then just shuts down. I shorten scan abut it would not remove any problems. I haven't any improvements as a matter of fact my PC seedms to be gettiny worse. I'm Removing the program an asking paypal to get my money back. If this is not done I'll report this to the BBB.

• Mi
      3rd of Apr, 2008

have payed for regcure, but was not e-mailed the registration key

• Ju
      8th of Apr, 2008

What was the website and the phone number for RegCure

• Ka
      10th of Apr, 2008

I purchased RegCure for $29.00 and was also charged $39.00. When I complained I was told that I should have unchecked the box on the order form that bundled additional software to my purchase. Very misleading. Now, after using RegCure for not quite a year, I've been informed that my "Subscription" is about to expire and I need to pay another $29.00 to continue using their software. I don't remember seeing ANYTHING about this when I initially made my purchase. I would never have "rented" their software for such an outrageous price. I was led to believe this was a purchase! I am ver, very angry.