Regal Palms Resorts / Unsanitary conditions
First, let me say when I checked in it was a mad house. People were everywhere and no guidance. When I finally got to check in, I was given a map, keys and have a nice day. First WOW!
When I pulled up to my assigned townhouse (Calabria 2235) there were wasp nests all over the front of the building and ones in the front yard. When we walked into the unit we found “BLACK MOLD/FUNGUS/DIRT (who knows) all over the carpet on the 1st floor. There was mold on the walls, the unit smelled and did not feel clean!!!
I immediately attempted to call the “Front Desk” – after letting it ring 20 times, I hung up; tried again 20 rings, hung up; tried again 20 rings; knowing how bad the front desk was, I tried one more time – so okay 10th ring Drew Cramer answered the phone. I began to tell him how unhappy I was. Mr. Cramer said “I am checking in a guest right now, let me put you on hold and I will get right back to you.” Now I probably should have asked what RIGHT BACK TO YOU means in his vocabulary because 20 minutes later I am still on hold. I finally hung up, drove up to the Front Desk and guess who I spoke with. Mr. Cramer himself. I told Mr. Cramer he can take me off hold as here I am. I GOT ABSOLUTELY NO APOLOGY BY HIM. Nor did the manager two feet away (Jamie Ferrier) apologize.
I explained in great detail and Mr. Cramer wrote down my complaints. After hearing the word MOLD, Ms. Ferrier thought she would invoke a word or two. Her comments were “Well we can refund your money and you can somewhere else.” Huh, great idea – however I have just driven from the State of Virginia for SPRING BREAK and have no idea if my family of a total of EIGHT people would now find a place to stay!!! After telling Ms. Ferrier and Mr. Cramer that since I am TRAPPED at your resort, what will you do? I was told Maintenance would be “RIGHT DOWN.” Again, should have asked how long that is because when I checked out on Friday, April 10th MAINTENANCE HAD NEVER SHOWN!!!
Below is a list of problems that I found at your resort:
1. Mold/Fungus/Oil/Dirt (who knows) all over the carpet. My family could not take their shoes off in your property. (Pictures were taken by my family)
2. Mold on walls (Pictures were taken by my family)
3. Wasp nests all over the front yard. (Pictures were taken by my family)
4. Washing Machine Broken and did not work – yeah, call maintenance sure!!!
5. Four Bedroom Home – you gave me 6 towels and 3 hand towels. No wash cloths??
6. Kitchen – stocked???? With what, we couldn’t even make spaghetti in your property.
7. Home smelled, can’t even explain. We purchase air fresheners, cleaning materials etc to try to make it livable.
8. Location – you have large resort and one pool not centrally located to any of your units.