RefurbDepot.com / Online scam

I purchased a television online as a xmas gift mid December. I received the item just prior to 12/25 only to find the wrong item had been shipped, a lesser quality and size television. I returned the television and two weeks later received the correct item however it didn't work. no picture nor sound. I shipped this item back and incurred a $45 shipping expense to do so. The slow, lazy customer service attendant advised to fax a receipt for shipping reimbursement. Again two weeks later received another item that was smashed down one side. For the third time I returned the item however requested they pick up at their expense and requested a refund. I was advised again by their customer service there would be a 15% restocking fee and no shipping reimbursement. They apparently had run out of this item and could no longer fulfill my order.

I received nothing but defective merchandise from this company and inconvenience for a period of two months.

I would recommend NEVER considering purchasing from this company.

Al

Comments

• Gr
      31st of Mar, 2009
    RefurbDepot.com - Unauthorized charges
    RefurbDepot.com
    refurbdepot.com

My Discover Card account on line today has been charged $482.47 from a company called Refurb Depot.com. They claim it is for shipping and restocking of a TV that they should never have shipped to me. I never received the TV and I never authorized them to ship it to me. The said that they sent me notice that it was being shipped but I never received any notice.

I purchased a TV from another company after two weeks with no indication of shipping and received it in two days. I then got notice from Refurbdepot.com that they had shipped the day before I notified them, claiming that they had notified me that they were going to ship. They never notified me.

They told me that they would refund the cost of the TV but would charge 482.47 for restocking and shipping and handling. They never stocked the TV or I would have had it shipped to me two weeks earlier.They have refused to refund my shipping and handling and restocking fee even though I never authorized them to ship the TV to me in the first place.

Never but never order anything from these people. You will find their name at other places on the Inernet with similar complaints.

• Li
      20th of Jun, 2011
    RefurbDepot.com - RefurbDepot.com sold me a NEW TV that couldn't be repaired
    Refurbdepot.com
    refurbdepot.com

I bought an LCD-TV from them and contrary to what their name suggests they didn't refurbish it, NOR EVEN TEST IT. And they didn't cvall Samsung, give them the model/serial number and ask about the history of the set. If they had they would have found out that Samsung hadn't decided whether to try and repair this set or declare it unrepairable. AND Samsung denied me any warrantee. It was only after filing a complaint with the local TV consumer reporter that they reeversed themselves and gave me a guarantee. Being unable to repair hte set, they gave me a full refund.

Refurbdepot.com did not help me and did not return my phone calls so I froze their credit card payment. And I got nothing for the 5 months of agony that they pyut me through. Hundreds of dollars worth of my time and other expenses.