Reed Financial Services / SCAM, SCAM, SCAM

I was recently contacted with a "job offer" from "Reed Financial Services". I am writing this to tell everyone that this is a complete scam. I looked up the address for this "company" and nowhere in any search did the "company" show up at the address their website provides. They offered me a "receptionist" position, but did not tell me where this "new office" would be located. They also said their office had been "delayed" and I would have to start part-time until they "opened the office". I spoke with a gentleman, who asked several times for my banking information, and said that was the only way I could "get paid".

I did my homework. Turns out this position would involve transferring money, and besides, they were only going to pay "base salary" once a month. They made the offer sound legitimate; 401k and benefits were mentioned in the offer, but it is a scam. DO NOT offer any information; simply delete the e-mail!

An

More Reed Financial Services Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Li
      7th of May, 2009

OMG! I got the same letter. I read it at first, and it sounded legit. But then I remember watching these internet business scams on Dateline. These people are based out of Nigeria, and the rappers there have music videos about how stupid Americans are for falling for their schemes. You can find the videos on youtube.com. Yes, DO NOT ABSOLUTELY DO NOT GIVE ANY INFORMATION TO REED FINANCIAL SERVICES. You know what's extremely hilarious is ignorant and naive people could get lost in the nice looking format the website portrays. However, everything is way too simple and does not provide any information about the CEO or any other heirarchy. These are just swindling Nigerians, and if you talk to this supposed Christopher Mahoney from Human Resources, he has an extremely heavy accent. This company website took less than a day to create by a novice. Go buy Website Building for Dummies. I'm sure you could make a page just as nice as theirs. And, seriously, their address is 555 11th Street in Washington D.C.? OK? Heck no! Triple 5's should be the dead giveaway that it's not real.

Here is the letter that was emailed to me:

Hello Christie,

I reviewed your resume and think that it matches position completely.

Our new local office will be opened in your area soon. Our head office is located in Washington, DC.

We were going to open our local office in your area within last week and as you remember suggested you receptionist position first.

Unfortunately our office location opening was delayed for 45 days. Our company is seeking representatives in your state as soon as possible,

we call such representatives - Independent Agents. We decided to suggest that you start this part time and home based position. In a month and a half

we will suggest you full time position in our new local office. During working as Independent Agent you will gain great skills and experience.

Working as Independent Agent guarantee getting higher full time position in new local office.

Visit our website and apply for Independent Agent position Now!

Position is well compensated. Individual working schedule. Average

workload 4 hours a day. No selling or investing required.

Base pay $1, 500 a month + 4 percent commission.

Benefits:

Insurance

Vacation/Holidays

401 (k) Plan

Feel free to ask questions.

Best regards,

Chris Mahoney,

HR manager,

Reed Financial Services.

• Ha
      7th of May, 2009

I received the same thing. I knew it because I didn't apply to them even though THEY told me I did. I also knew something was up when I read this Chris' reply. There were so many typos in it. RED FLAG. And this crap about the office not being ready for 45 days. So, I googled the address it's a movie theatre in Washington DC. And then I googled the company it's self. Surprise, Surprise it doesn't EXIST.

There is a real company by the same name that is located in Ohio.
    I called them and they were unaware of this scam using their name, they know now.

I reviewed your resume and think that it matches position completely.

Visit our website and apply for Independent Agent position Now!
    Position is well compensated. Individual working schedule. Average
    workload 4 hours a day. No selling or investing required.

Base pay $1, 500 a month + 4 percent commission.

Benefits:
    Insurance
    Vacation/Holidays
    401 (k) Plan

Feel free to ask questions.

Best regards,
    Chris Mahoney,
    HR manager,
    Reed Financial Services.

• Li
      8th of May, 2009

Everyone that receives this letter should save it in a folder in your email then contact the E Street Cinema to inform them that their address is being used for another company's scam. We should also contact the BBB to have this supposed company's website shut down.

E Street Cinema 202-783-9494