Redwood Empire Tech Inc / Fraud/harrassment

392 Tesconi CircleSanta Rosa, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 707 545- 2282
My wife mistakenly picked up on one of their telemarketing calls and was talked into setting up an appointment, where she was told that if she would just answer 10 questions, she would be given a $100 gas card.

After she told me about this, I told her to call them back and cancel the appointment, which she did. In the days following, we kept receiving calls from these people and I ignored them for a while, but they kept coming several times a day. Finally, last night I took the call and one of their salesmen was on the line asking me when I wanted to reschedule the appointment for. After explaining to him that we weren't interested in dealing with them anymore, he got very rude and upset and started saying things like: "Well WHY don't you want to meet with us Mr. ----, your WIFE was VERY interested in meeting with us! Are you a liar or what? Obviously you are a LIAR!"

That was just about half of the conversation we had before I hung up on the idiot. He seems ok when he first called, but as soon as I told him we were no longer going to meet with him, he started yelling and saying rude comments over the phone.

Why are these guys still able to be in business when they've had NUMEROUS complaints filed against them for the same type of horrible behavior in the past?
Kc

Comments

Sh
  6th of Nov, 2008
I totally agree with how incredibly rude these people are! I had almost the exact same thing happen to me. I cautiously picked up the phone and was told that if I answered 10 questions about air pollution I would get a gas card. I answered the questions and then was asked to scheudle an appointment to be shown an air purifier machine. When I told the guy that I wasn't interested in seeing the machine (I'm 9 mos. pregnant) and to just forget the whole thing. He then became super rude and kept asking why. I told him to take my name off the list, he became even ruder so I told him w/ a few explicit words where he could shove it. I then received at least 10 - 15 hang up calls from Redwood Empire. I finally called back and told them what was going on to take my name off their list. About 2 hours later (after 5pm) I received a phone call from an "Unknown Number" when I picked up, I was told about what bi*ch I was and a bunch of other menacing things. There were another 5-7 phones calls from this "Unknown Number" that I did not answer. The person always hung up as soon as our answering machine came on. I'm worried about this company and especially this employee having all of our personal info., phone no., address, etc. This is a terrible company who obviously needs to monitor their employees better. If you get a call from Redwood Empire, DON'T ANSWER!
Sj
  29th of Jan, 2010
Unfortunately I worked for this company and theyre able to continue with their business due to State Laws. As an employee I was told that I was not allowed to hang up on a call, and that it was mandatory to call back at least three times because the legal limit for harrasment is four. They generate their call lists from those "Win a free Car!" boxes at the malls that people fill cards out with their personal information. Those companies then sell the lists to companies like Redwood Empire. Because the information was legaly given and legaly purchased, they are able to set as many restrictions on their do not call list as they want. In their case it is supposed to be a first and last name. Unfortunately the Do Not Call list is simply the call list with numbers highlighted in a certain color. Since most employess, excluding management are underage or speak very little english, they are easily bullied into being rude. It is not the Employees that need to be monitered but the Management team and the owners. They are the ones who set those standards, and enforce them.
Sc
  4th of May, 2010
I have to agree with the last comment that was posted because I also use to work there and there was a lot of pressure put on the employees to make appointments. I remember always being told to be more aggressive and call right back when someone hung up on me and that was nerve racking to me. Its not employees fault but the owners A.K.A. the young couple who own or run the company. Management does bully their employees, also, one owner would answer the phone using a different name just so she wouldn't have to deal with customer complaints. I didn't last long there because I couldn't set the amount of appointments they wanted. I guess I wasn't too aggressive. Oh well!