Redsave / Poor product and service!

United Kingdom Review updated:

The digital photo frame ordered from Redsave stopped working after a few days. Customer services are very difficult to contact. There is no contact telephone number or email address just an online form that isn't responded to. Then I find Redsave have charged my credit card £19.95 for a membership I didn't want. The whole experience has been very unpleasant and a worry. I've canceled the membership with Redsave and also written to my credit card company because I don't have any trust in Redsave. I've written off the photo frame because I think it will just cost me more money to return it and I'm sure there will be other clauses in their terms and conditions that will mean they don't have to replace or refund me. My advice to anyone is to avoid Redsave.

Comments

Gj
  20th of Feb, 2008
This type of internet company fulfills alot of peoples worries about dealing with purchases on the web. Do not turst this company. Everything is explained (a better descripiton is burried), in their terms and conditions. I do not trust their trading ethics. I feel cheated by the whole trading experience.
Pi
  12th of Mar, 2008
REDSAVE.COM ARE A BUNCH OF THIEVING ###. I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY THINK PEOPLE WOULD HAPPILY PAY £19.95 PER MONTH FOR SOME MEANINGLESS MEMBERSHIP. THESE GUYS ARE COMMON CRIMINALS COMMITTING FRAUD BY DECEPTION DUE TO THEIR HIDDEN TERMS AND CONDITIONS. HAVING COMMITTED THE CRIMINAL ACT OF FRAUD THEY SHOULD BE FINED AND LOCKED UP.
St
  3rd of Apr, 2008
all the comments are true unless you read there terms and conditions carefully you wont see that they will take £19.95 out of your account every month, i am disgusted that even my bank cant stop this there should be some sort of law against this its stealing, i have checked around the internet and they have done this to thousands of people even my bank had heard all about it but cant stop the transactions, (im not going to swear)
Ta
  11th of Apr, 2008
I am yet another 'valued' customer who has been had by Redsave, almost £20 taken from me and they were going to do this every month! This should NOT be allowed to happen. I pestered them for days with emails and finally received a phone call today from a very unsympathetic 'Charlie' who refused point blank to refund me, despite me pointing out that if I had wished to participate in their scheme - why would I be cancelling so soon after being debitted (without purchasing anything through the scheme). Shocking what they get away with these days.
Sp
  6th of May, 2008
I had the same problem with them, avoid at all costs (IMHO).
Ri
  20th of Jun, 2008
RedSave redsave.com owned by nettexmedia is a RIPOFF, they will charge you 19.95 for nothing every month, I have been charged 6 times without authorisation . they don't have a phone number on the site. you have to cancel by post, and put your password on the paperwork, i changed mine to scam and ripoff before posting. AVOID THESE THIEVES AT ALL COSTS
Mr
  27th of Jun, 2008
Get in touch with Gemma Bowen at new-law dot co dot uk she is getting a class action case against them for refunding of all monies.
Ev
  11th of Jul, 2008
I would urge everyone to repoort Redsave to their local Citizens Advice Bureou and Trading Standards (currently investigating Redsave). I did so and they helping me with a small claims action against them. I am also pressurising Trading Standards to take further action against Redsave's trading practices - they should be looking into why Redsave, unlike other reputable online companies, offer the saver scheme and not (as they have done to date) how Redsave can make shoppers more aware of it! The reason is simple - to con people out of money. Stop this scam now!
Wo
  21st of Nov, 2008
Get your own back and click on their sponsored links - type 'digital photo frame' into google and click on the redsave sponsored link that appears. This will cost them about £1 every time you click. Do this every week (no more than this or it will not count).
So
  5th of Dec, 2008
I hear redsave are sending threatening mails to people who have posted here, asking them to remove their posts.

As they are clearly reading this, I would suggest to them that instead of trawling google for the hundreds of unhappy customers they should instead change their customer service approach.

I would like to give them a few pointers.

1- If the pass is so great.. why don't you confirm the details of it in a welcome email?... to remind people what bargains the pass brings.
Of course this would alert them to the monthly payments so LETS SEE if you would do that... I think I know the answer to that already, I believe you prey on the fact people are unaware, and you would never make it as clear as you should! MAKE THEM AWARE THEN REDSAVE IF YOU ARE SO HONEST AND FAIR!!

2- You have the records so YOU KNOW people pay every month and NEVER use the site again. YOU KNOW these people are not using their 19.95 per month membership YET YOU KEEP QUIET. Why do you not let them know?

AGAIN- I THINK WE ALL NOW THE ANSWER TO THAT.

3- I know of people who have paid for 2 items and used 2 separate credit cards AND YOU SET UP 2 MONTHLY PAYMENTS. When these people ask for a refund you don't agree to even refund ONE of the monthly payments.

WHY NOT?

4- You have everyone's records so I challenge you to send all your "members" an email reminding them they are paying £19.95 per month.
YOU could do this, you could do this TODAY. You say you are honest, you say you have many happy customers. I challenge you to PROVE it and email everyone on your books, right now, telling them all about the redsave pass and the money you are taking every month.

I will not hold my breath, but I do believe IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE, if we really are in the minority like you suggest, then you will do it to clear your name.
Ch
  30th of Dec, 2008
I ordered 6 digital photo frames from REdsave for Christmas presents back in November. 3 of the frames arrived in a couple of days. When I asked when I would be receiving the other three frames they said that the whole order had been sent in the same package. This would have been impossible as the box wasn't big enough. I attempted to get them to send me the remaining frames but they were never received. Further e-mails were not responded to. I suspected they were trying it on in order to keep me a member for a month in order to deduct the £19.90 membership fee.

Apart from this scam I found:

The digital frames I received were of very poor quality. The resolution was awful and the instruction book had appalling grammar, it had obviously been translated literally from Chinese. I was able to by good quality frames from a well known PC retailer for the same price.

Attempts to cancel the monthly member ship on line proved impossible. I was asked to input an order number which was not recognized. I have not been able to cancel yet though so far have not been billed.

The on line messages received after submitting an order had such small font that it could not be read.

Avoid this retailer at all costs.
Ma
  10th of Feb, 2009
I am another victim of this Redsave scam. After purchased a Christmas present from their site in November 2007, I never gave it another thought until recently when I discovered that Redsave had been making regular deductions from my credit card totaling nearly £280. Having no idea who Redsave was I did some research on the internet to find out that it was connected with this purchase I had made over 12 months ago. I also discovered that I was not the only victim thanks to your site and others like it. Immediately I tried canceling the shopping pass and demanding my money back through their web site but had no reply. After sending a registered letter, they rang me and made it quite clear that they had no intension a refunding the stollen money. I will be taking them to the small claims court.
Am
  6th of Mar, 2009
I am another victim of this Redsave scam. I googled ditital photo frames and ended up at their sight in November 2008. I have only just realised that redsave has been deducting their so called membership fee for the last 3 months. I contacted them or I tried to contact them through email to be told that I do not have an account by that name. Ithen phoned gave the same email address over and was told my address straight back, so I do have an account. I have now found out the items I bought from them and gave as christmas presents do not work. I have contacted my credit card company to makesure that all payments to them are stopped and I will be fighting to have them shut down and all monies returned.
Ma
  29th of Apr, 2009
I just got my bank statement amd couldnt belive that after spending twenty pounds on a couple of novelty christmas presents I have actually paid this company eighty pounds. I have phoned them and asked for my money to be refunded. the woman I talked to was a toffy nosed ### who would not tell me how to get in touch or the names of the directors and was so adamant It was all my own fault. When I told her about all the sites like this I was finding whilst on the phone she told me it was just made up gossip. I said that the way she was treating me made me think that all the so called made up gossip was true. I cant believe that they are trying to tell me im the only one with a problem and all of you are just making it up lol.
Rebecca and Max you are money grabbing conning ### wipes. and I think Rebecca that was you on the phone telling me all these people are just making it up. I hope your company falls into the pits of hell. No one i know as well as all these people will buy anything from you again.
What the hell does that matter when you are just helping yourselves to other peoples money you dont need customers to buy your products. You dont make money selling goods you make money from stealing it.
Si
  20th of Jun, 2009
I've just recieved a credit card statement and found charges for REDSAVE, I knew I hadnt purchasd anything because I hadnt used my credit card. I then checked over 4 previous statements and to my horror more charges.
Does anyone have the address so I can write in as I cannot find a telephone number for them. HELP!!!
An
  27th of Oct, 2009
I am yet another victim of the redsave and would appreciate any advice anyone has on getting my money back.andy.ewen@hotmail.co.uk
It
  20th of Dec, 2009
A word of advice guys. The only way you will get your money back is through the small claims court. That's what I did and I got all my money back.
Jo
  21st of Jul, 2010
I noticed last week a charge on my credit card- not unusual, except i haven't used my card for the past 6 weeks to try to save money. this is when it came to light that for the past 18 months i have been charged (and foolishly paid) £19.95 per month for so-called membership. the amount is an embarassing £359.10 in total, and the only way to reclaim is to take them to small claims court? I have involved the fraud and integrity team of my credit card, trading standards and also the consumer council- all of whom seem to be aware of this company, yet little can be done to stop them. why are they allowed to continue trading? whoever came up with this scam has been taking the mick out of hard-working individuals for far too long.
It
  21st of Jul, 2010
All I can say to you is don't get to angry about it. You will get you money back if you go to the small claims court. I got mine back after they had over £200 of me.

Take a look at Keith Anderson's website. He explains the process to follow
Tj
  2nd of Jan, 2013
Terrible company. Easy to order, impossible to get refund when item doesn't arrive.