Redken/L'oreal Symposium / Damaged my hair

Redken/L'oreal Symposium
I went to a model casting call for the Redken/L'Oreal Symposium in Las Vegas. The models were told (prior to hiring us) that the hairdressers who would be cutting and coloring our hair for the show were "the best in the industry" and that we "should be honored" to even allow these "superstars" to touch our hair. That is the ONLY REASON I agreed to take the modeling job. The payment was suppose to be $500.00. To make a long story short, they destroyed my hair and decided to "release me" from work prior to the show with a "sorry" "here's a bottle of shampoo for your time!!!" They ARE NOT the "best industry professionals" to learn from at these symposiums!!! The result was worse than any beauty school experience! I had to pay $600.00 to CORRECT the damage (hair extensions) and color. The cut I received had chunks (holes) cut out that had to be covered up with extensions. BEWARE MODELS and HAIRDRESSERS!!!

D  29th of Jun, 2012 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Obviously you chose not to do research before accepting this "modeling" job. You think there are chucks missing from your head but I can assure you it was done on purpose and for a purpose. Hair shows are the same as fashion shows in the sense that what you see on the runway is an amped up version of what you see on the street. It is a show, used for the education and the entertainment of stylists, and not put on just to give award you a makeover. If you had talked to a previous hair model, they would have told you the same.
N  16th of Jan, 2014 by
I did my first Redken hairshow 24 yrs ago and over the years, they always explained what will be done to my hair. I have never had a problem. I'm sorry this happened to you. There must've been a lack of communication of what they were going to do to your hair.