Redington India Limited / Service not efficient!

1 India Review updated:

I am a customer of motorola for a cellphone and it has been given for servicing to Redington India Limited. The cellphone was bought in June 2006 and is still very much in the warranty period. During this time the cellphone has been given for servicing due to technical problems in the phone. Repeated services have been unfruitful and the phone still has problems. So we wanted the phone replaced as the phone does not work properly.

Comments

9th of Nov, 2007

I am a customer of HP Computers and its services are given to Redington (india) Ltd., Mumbai. During the last month (October 2007), my computer showed problem of "no signal & no display". The problem was diagnosed as with motherborad which was replaced with other motherborad (no new one). The problem started again when it was switched on and it is still persisting.

16th of Oct, 2008

Dear Sirs,

We have given our Plotter for servicing vide work order NO.MA/08/03424 dated 25.09.08 bearing Model Number C4713A Model Name DSJ450CA1 due to Rat bitten the cables. Initially, we were told our plotter will be returned to us with in a week time. Now, after 21 days the service department at Alwarpet branch says that, they yet to receive the spares and plotter will be returned to us only on Monday(20.10.08)

We are spending lot of money towards printing apart from Service Charge of Rs.26, 000/- eventhough we are under AMC.

This is already highlighted to your Staff Ms.Vijaya Kirthana at Alwarpet branch number of times.

Kindly look into the problem and do the needful at the earliest.

with regards,

P.S.Sekaran
    SAI Consulting Engineers Pvt. Ltd.

• Es
      23rd of Jul, 2010

I had purchased my Blackberry Gemini 8520 from a mobile store in Chennai and only after purchase I knew it was a officially unlocked device and not a usual Airtel Blackberry, I was upset at first as I have nearly 3 years of experience with Blackberry service at Airtel and its just awesome they do it so professionally. I used a Rs.999 (approx. USD $20) worth cover for the phone from case mate, after a month and few days the display brightness diminished to very low level and I had taken it to the Redington India Ltd. service center in T.Nagar and they told me about the Rs.730 charge if there is water lodged in the device and I was 100% sure that there isn't any possibility for the same, so I gave my device for service and was waiting for about 2 weeks and I received a call from them saying there was water lodge in my device and they want me to pay Rs.730 to get the device back and the most important thing is that the device isn't serviced. I was like what the hell? Why would I pay these cheats the money just to open and take look at it and return? These people don't have the basic common sense that if I had known there is water why would I give it for service to pay Rs.730 unnecessarily? I would rather go to private service center and get it done for same price or something additional, finally they sent me some fake snap shots of water damage and stuff. I doubt if they had done it on their own to rip off the money. Today I got the device back and the display totally doesn't work. They spoiled it even more. Blackberry has to stop sending officially unlocked devices let the people get good service from Airtel, Reliance and other service providers. Never from these local Redington guys, I wonder if they have ever seen a Blackberry phone, these guys would only have experience in spoiling local basic phones like Nokia, Motorola etc. Now giving the service order to these guys Blackberry is spoiling its reputation in India. I need a brand new device and also my Rs.730 to be returned and I am not going to live them till then.

People beware of these guys. Redington India Ltd is totally a fraud company. Redington India Ltd rips off the money and spoils your device. Redington Group has to replace my device and pay me my Rs.730 back. Redington Group has to stop the scam in the name of service Blackberry devices. Redington India Ltd should no longed be an authorized company to service Blackberry devices. Blackberry has to stop the contract right away.