Rediff.com / False information on delivery of shipment!

I placed ordered (Order No: 4068138 ) with this site's shopping portal on 25 th Aug 2007. On tracking I saw a message stating dispatched on 30th Aug and delivered (does not give delivery date). On 11th Sept when I checked with the person to whom I had sent it, he said that he didn't get anything. When I reported this to the site on 11th Sept itself, customer support executive responded on 12 th sept writing "With reference to your mail, we would like to inform you that due to high volume of Rakhi orders Vendors are still updating the dispatch information on the system. we are checking up with our enabling partners and would get back to you within 48 hours. " It is way past 48 hours and moreover the bigger issue is providing false information on the site- "order delivered". I am already fighting with this site for duplicating my other order -the very same day. Do not trust this site!!!

A  13th of Nov, 2007 by
I am also stuck with a very similar issue where they updated the status as dispatched on the 3rd day, and even after 15 days, I am yet to receive the product. And what is more ridiculous is that they are asking me to contact the third party vendor whom they had back-ordered. If anyone knows their exhalation points, please let me know.

Rediff.com India Logo Rediff.com India
Customer Care Service
1st Floor, Mahalaxmi Engineering Estate, L. J. First Cross Road, Mahim (W)
India - 400016