Rediff Shopping / Stay away from Rediff Shopping!

1 India Review updated:

I beg to state that i purchase a i pod from rediffshopping.com dated 09/05/2007 which order no 3874686, against this order i drop the the chaque of rs 1538.00 through icici atm locate at R N Mukherjee road Rishra Dist Hooghly W.B. 712248 chq no 740381 of UTI bank branch konnagar. Which is a/c payee cheque on rediff.com india ltd payable to icici bank ltd cleared on 25/05/2007 from my account. When i mail about my order and ask for dispatched they reply send your bank statement vai fax or mail. I fax my a/c detail of clearing cheque and also mail it to them but they did not dispatched my goods or return my money. When i mail them they not reply me or satisfied me. Stay away from Rediff Shopping!

Comments

25th of Jun, 2007

I ordered "Ferrari Styled International Branded Rain Jacket Suite + Free Ferrari Bag worth Rs 200" in rediff shopping on 1st June 2007. It's not dispatched still. I did this order well before the monsoon. It's started too I don't know what to do. There is no option to cancel or talk to customer care. If I write a mail to them they will respond after long time. Also they displayed the status "dispatched", it's absolutely wrong.

• Ve
      24th of May, 2008

Comments

128 days ago by Mehul G. Patel [send email]
    I had purchased 2 child laptop from rediffshopping.I received delivery after one week but i was shocked to see that there was only one laptop inbox instead of 2. Parcel was received by parents and they paid full amount.

I contacted mentioned no in order but 3 week have passed but i have yet to received.

My order no. - 4281435
    Product Title : Kids laptop
    Company : Ojjas Enterprise

I would advise to all that dont purchase anything from reddifshopping.

66 days ago by Palani [send email]
    Even i have purchased a nikon coolpix camera on 22 jan 08 and it was defective one so i have returned it back on 18 feb 08..
    i have sent the item back to big bazar(sandeep vig) its not a big bazar its an "chor bazar"...
    This ppl are making fun of us when ever we call them they keep on saying that concerned person have not come to office he will coming with in one hour and so on..
    They have given some invalid aramex number 5768874484.

And Sandeep he is the big 420 when ever u call him he wont pick the call...
    Some one have to initiate to screw this ### in ppl...

0 minutes ago by Venkatasubramanian [send email]
    Even i have purchased a 1 Gb Mp4/Mp3 Player With Expandable Memory Slot Designer Series on ON 21/05/2008 AT 15HRS and it was defective one so i have made a complaint thro. mail on 22nd May 2008 at 14.58 Hrs and also made a cll to the bloody customer care in 02225313535 who asked me approach their customer care stating that they will contact within 48 hrs. But till now i have neither received any reply nor i am able log on to rediff shopping to contact their customer care.

It is a bloody cheating Group of people.
    I feel all those who have been affected by the bloody cheating rocket have to form a group, pull the bloody b...rds to court and claim for not only recovery of amount paid but also compensation.

Rediff has to be booked under IPC 406 & 420.

• Bu
      3rd of Nov, 2018

@Venkat7259 i am also cheated .

10th of Jun, 2008

Hey you reddifshopping do you think people over here writing complaints are fools what the ### are u reddif guys are doing there take these complaints as a serious issue and help those people out there who had lost their hard earned money and trying to get that back. If you [censored]$ cant do that close this $ucking WebSite.

• Am
      6th of Jul, 2008

Rediff Shopping - worst shopping site

PLEASE DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM REDIFF SHOPPING AS IT'S A FAKE SITE. THEY DON'T ENTERTAIN YOU IF THE PRODUCT YOU PURCHASED IS FAULTY.

Here is my eperience as below:
    I purchased a product (Order no: 4607863) from Rediff shopping. Unfortunately it was faulty so I put the Red feedback to the vendor. On my feedback Omkar Achrekar from Rediff shopping team contacted me to dispatch the product to the Aramex courier person. He collected the faulty product from my home and they suppose to send the new product (replacement) in 7-10 days. Now it's almost 1 month past but there is no response, neither from Rediff team nor Vendor. I wrote many emails to both of them but I haven't got a single reply from Rediff; not even for following up status update.

20th of Aug, 2008

I too had a very worst experience of shopping on rediffshopping.com
    I was deceived for a product, then I decided to take vengeance for that. I visited rediffshopping.com again and bought some products, giving wrong contact addresses for each product delivery. For each of the product I got a call from the delivery persons who was finding my place to deliver the product. I just made them roam around. Hope this was a lesson rediffshopping.com must heed. Guys just do this if you too are deceived, but remember the payment option should be- 'Payment after delivery'
    Hahaha! Hurrah!

29th of Aug, 2008

i too have been deceived by rediff shopping. I had for some products to be deleivered on 29th Aug08. but till date the same has not been done. Wonder how fraud & ### they are. I had already made the payment against credit card .Think the money has gone down the drain. Well I know the corporate office address of Mumbai . Hope things should work out from there as the customer care number is also not responding. This shows how unprofessional they are . When Iam, checking on the net it shows product dispatched but the same has not been received.

Be aware of this fraud site . As rightly said by one of the user that rediff has to be booked under IPC 420 & 406

• Ci
      3rd of Feb, 2009

The Rediff Shopping site is one of the worst shopping site one would have come across. Lacs of gullible public must have lost crores of Rupees mainly due to this out right cheating. All that rediff gets ids the commision that they make out of the sales passed through their web-site. The problem is there is hardly any check on these vendors.Secondly some of the un-scrpulous sellers bribe the staff of Rediff to give a good rating against their name. This rating is given based on the experience of the buyers.
    After a study that I made I've come to know that a particular dealer from Hyderabad has resorted to a dubious way to cheat public. Whenever his cheating-a daylight robbery goes beyond a limit he stops dealing from that Company and names another company.It appears that he has about a dozen names and he keeps moving from one Co to another so that his Rating remains above 90 percent.
    In one case I found when his positive rating was 95% I went into his detailed reponse from his list of buyers. To my utter shock I found, that out of 100 buyers the only 21 of them had given OK and rest had claimed either they had not recd the item for over 2-4 weeks or the item was all defective/un-usable/broken etc or of very very inferior quality! This would not have been possible unless he had some kind of arrangement with the staff of Rediff to get a good rating despite such poor response from customers. Another dubious method was to have just a Mobile no. only without any land line which more often than not would remain busy or calls were not accepted.Besides being in Hyderabad it was a an expenssive STD call which normally would discourage any caller if the item was not very expensive! Finally, he would give a picture of a nice looking item and supply an inferior one and show MRP as 4 times the price that he has quoted to sell at a discount! Few years ago he was with Baazee and then EBay where it appears he has been black-listed! It is surprising why even a well-known Co like Rediff has not taken any action in black-listing such a cheat! I wish the CEO of Rediff
    Mr Ajit Balakrishnan looks into this and takes appropriate action to preserve the good name of the Company.

• Ab
      26th of Feb, 2009

Rediff shopping web site is a total FRAUD. Every one should stay away from this site. They have horrible customer care. Total waste of money and peace of mind

17th of Mar, 2009

Me too having bad experience with rediff shopping. Does any know have idea to take legal action against this rediff????

27th of Mar, 2009

EVEN I HAD VERY TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THE REDIFF SHOPPING, 1ST THEIR RESPONSE IS VERY BAD, THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE THE WORST IN THE MARKET, PRODUCTS QUALITY ABSOLUTLY WORST, THEY ONLY HOW TO CHEAT CUSTOMERS AND MAKE MONEY, THEY ARE THE BIG FRAUD, I PLACED ORDER ON REDIFF SHOPPING 5 TIMES AND ALL THESE FIVE TIMES I FELT CHEATED AS PRODUCT SHOWN ARE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THAN THE PRODUCT DELIVERD, THERE IS NO QUALITY AT ALL.
    IN OTHER WORDS, THE BIG FRAUD ON INTERNET IS REDIFF SHOPPING.
    PAWAN KUMAR
    REDIFF SHOPPING ORDER NO. 5069888,
    AS ONE EXAMPLE.

27th of Mar, 2009

I WOULD NEVER BUY ANY PRODUCT FROM REDIFF SHOPPING ANY MORE, AND WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMMEND ANYONE FOR THE SAME.
    NIHAYAT HI GHATIYA AUR BAKWAAS SERVICE HAI REDIFF WALON KI.

• Jp
      6th of Apr, 2009

Hi All,

Thanks for this information. I was about to buy a camera from Rediff Shopping but after reading this I found not to buy from them. Thanks a lot guys. I will go to the SONY Showroom & buy a original product.

Regards,
    JP

• Si
      8th of Jun, 2009

Rediff Shopping, Plzzz plzzz plzzzzzzzzz Stay away. And do not bye any thing from rediff shopping. From personal experience I want to suggest you plz plz stay away. I order some items and my order no was Order No: 5386820 Date: 2009-05-21 . I order

Cargo Shorts! 32 1 INR 299 Delivered, 29-MAY-2009 6335869363 - You know what happened 1st off all they did not send that one what they had shown in rediff shopping they send me other one.

Bejeweled Ladies Watch!!! 1 INR 299 Delivered, 03-JUN-2009 6326486014 - 2 nd items they send a defected items. It had glass broken and defected.

According to there rule I contact customer care. And that day, I send mail. Both of the cases, but I did not get any reply from them. I send mail not only 1or 2 times more than that .

So I suggest you guys please do not buy . I m not satisfy at all...- Thanks S.I

10th of Jun, 2009

You all guys are very correct. I ordered One Sony camera H50 COSTING HEFTY 19000/-. Paid on 7th May 2009, Till today it has not been delivered. Vendor has given a fake TNT airwaybill no. which does not shows at TNT site. All phone calls are no reply. It is a mobile no and address is c/o somebody. A perfect way to cheat the people and not get caught. Rediff does not shows any remorse or responsibility. STAY AWAY FROM REDIFF SHOPPING. IT IS FRUSTRATING. SOMEBODY SHOULD TAKE LEGAL ACTION.

• Mk
      22nd of Nov, 2009

Thanks to all, all the above comments are reliable, I also made cheated by the rediff shoping people. MY order no. 5629359 dtd 12.10.2009 was for a 3 in one blue tooth dongle, but they sent me a cover with screw driver set. I informed them this over mail and want to send the item back and offered me they will despatch the original item within 8 working days. I returned the item back to the seller, another cheater OJJAS ENTERPRICE they didnt send me any thing back to me. Just cheated me, both the telephone numbers given over the bill was also not functioning. Now I am moving to give complaint to the e-crime division of kerala police. I heared they are functioning very well. I hope they can help me and the people like u all. Dont stay free by registering this type of complaints but go on fighting against these types of frauds.
    shibu

• Ra
      8th of May, 2012

Please do not purchase anything in rediff shopping!!! It's a fraud online shopping site.
    I had placed a order in rediff shopping. My order number is 7097143. But when I try to check my order status it gives below message.
    "Order No: 7097143 has not been placed by You".
    I have an SMS proof for the order and the credit card statement on money deducted for rediff.com
    I contacted the rediff customer care but no reply from them till now.
    I would have checked rediff shopping reviews before ordering. Learnt a lesson not to shop anything from online shopping.

17th of Nov, 2012

Dear Concern,
    On 24th Oct'12, I have placed an order for a Magic Bullet Mixer, Juicer & Grinder. My order no. is 7493722. I have recieved my order on 31st Oct'12, inside which I got a damaged Juicer Jug. For which I dropped the mail same day with the photo of that damaged Juicer Jug. Following are the email id's on which I dropped the complaint mail no. of times but till date I didn't recieved any positive response on mail as well as through your customer care no.: , , , . My complaint ref no. is 'Rediff=013-120-115'. Twice a time executives (Shabir & Husain) from Rediff Shopping 52 has committed me on a mail that they are sending me the fresh piece of Juicer Jug which I didn't recieved as yet. This is the hieghts of the paitence, you are spoiling your brand image in the market. I am thinking, I would have made a crime which di a shopping from you guys.Request you to kindly resolve my complaint, otherwise I'll have to raise my hands to consumer court now.

26th of Apr, 2013

One week back I order two item and when they were delivered both were faulty I immediately registered complaint now I am told I need to directly talk to supplier to get refund . Whereas there is no such thing in their refund policy. It is cheating . Please do not use rediff site for online buying they are cheats . Their customer care no do not work neither there any call back

• Rw
      22nd of Jul, 2013

I have faced a similar situation with Rediff shopping and thus lodged a complaint with Jago Grahak Jago. Plz lodge complain with Jago Grahak Jago followed by complaint at Consumer Forum.

12th of Feb, 2014

Worst experience ... I paid 2000 INR for a Google Nexus 7 Bluetooth Keyboard and they delivered a keyboard for the Ipad Mini. I contacted them and they created a complaint ID and stuff but there has not been any response from them. If you try to call them, then the phone is always busy. This is ridiculous. I want my money back!!