Rediff Auctions / Unfair auction!

1 India Review updated:

In August I had visited rediff auction site to get a gift for my niece and saw a ride on bike on auction and so I started bidding along with other's .There was nearly 12 bidder's and at last I was fortunate to get the item at a fantastic price of Rs 355 plus rs 50 shipping (against the MRP price of nearly 4000 Rs ) . I got confirmation from rediff that the item will be delivered within 7 to 10 working days . But as I didn't get the item even after 15 days I checked with service of auction site and was informed that the item was out of stock and will be delivered once the fresh stock arrives . But even after repeated follow up I didn't get the item. After a month or so I got a reply from rediff that they will credit the amount back to my account as the item is out of stock . I was disappointed as I had won a good bid but the site played bad game.

I need somebody to take up this issue with the site as I am sure that the site forgot to put a min or reserve price for this item and so the seller refused to deliver the item at such a low price . But thats not my problem.. why should I bother.. I won the bid and so the item should have been delivered to me as promised by the website. Please note I am a very good customer of this site also and even them they played dirty with me. My order no with auction 3419718. ride on bike

Comments

• Eu
      8th of Jan, 2008

Rediff Terms and Conditions says that if a person bids and doesnt pay or refuse to take delivery of product it is breach of Trust. Fine. How can Rediff auction a product which does not exist. One can only auction a commodity only when he possess it. So auctioning an immaginary product is definetely a breach of Trust. Rediff auction must pay atleast 2 times of the bid amount as compensation to the bidder.

If Rediff auctions can say a sorry and No stock. then all bidders can also say a sorry and No money. No law should be one sided.
    THE BIDDER CAN FILE A CASE IN THE CONSUMER COURT

• Dr
      2nd of Apr, 2009

i d bad experience with rediff auction, i d bidded for HTC HD cell, from MNV collections, i d won the bid, and bid was closed as time was out, but i got a mail next day that u d lost the bid, and in the bidding list i am on the top of the list..rediffauction is fake i think, there is no transparency, i suggest Ebay is very gd site to purchase or bidd online, , dont beleive on rediff auction...