redi set go express / qualitiy and durability of product

1 Louisville, CO, United States Review updated:

I bought two of these products, one for myself and one to save as a Christmas gift for a friend. The first time I used mine, the timer stopped working and the surface scratched with the special spatula provided with the item. I returned it to BrandsMart where I purchased it. The second time I used the new one, the paint started flaking off! What a disappointment!!! Love the recipes and idea, but the product itself stinks.

Comments

• Do
      30th of Dec, 2010

I bought a redisetgo and the firet time I used it the black coating came off. now i'm lery of using it again.I don't think it is save to cook food in it

12th of Feb, 2012

I BOUGHT THE REDISETGO BUY ONE GET ONE FREE. I HAVE USED IT 3 TIMES AND THE TIMER KNOB BROKE OFF AND TIMER QUIT WORKING AS WELL. I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH THIS PRODUCT BECAUSE OF THIS. I WANT A REPLACEMENT FOR TH BROKEN ONE ASAP

• Cl
      7th of Jun, 2012

I was making pizza with my new Xpress RediSetGo cooker MODEL #05-53688 and the enamel paint started to bubble on the dome. I immediately unplugged the device. I notified Xpress Redi Set Go 1-800-357-9213.

Agent Ken 440 said he it was not their responsibility since the product wasn't purchased thru their site and I should return it back to were it was bought. I explained it was a gift and it would be difficult to obtain that information. Agent Ken was not concerned about the fire hazard and insisted the defective cooker be return to the store. I told him I don't care about obtaining another cooker. I want to report the serious fire hazard using the cooker. He told me I was exaggerating. OMG, he doesn't get the seriousness of the situation.

Filed a report with the federal government 800-638-2772 at http://www.saferproducts.gov/ViewIncident/1172290