Redbox / overcharge

Channahon, IL, United States Review updated:

I used redbox for the first time ever. I got charged an extra 32.40 on top of my rental fees. I called customer service and they wouldn't work with me at all and that included the supervisor. Horrible experience all around and I will never use red box again.

Comments

• V4
      1st of Mar, 2011

I rented a movie and was charged 3 times the rental. When I called to complain a guy name"Matt" claiming to be a supervisor told me that I should call my bank and use my Card insurance to pay me the amount - He said Redbox cannot make a mistake. - May be they should solve the problems in the the world! BTW Matt has no supervisor - No wonder he sounded lost. He did not even remember his last name. Good luck to all who use Redbox.

• Po
      1st of Mar, 2011

@JDH55 I've used Redbox too many times to count. I have never encountered an issue and I don't personally know anyone who has. Though I can imagine if you do their customer service line is difficult to use.

• As
      9th of May, 2011

first off they cant tell you there last name, its a rule they have; and i would know! Ive been hounding an agent at redbox named dustin for his last name. he sounds like hes the one for me, and ive been wanting to see him. sooo badly!!

if your reading this dustin! please call me! i know i gave you ma digits, and i am ever so lonely. a lady like myself cant be alone at night, boooOO hew, hew, hew,

• Br
      14th of Aug, 2011

Red box overcharged me for a movie returned on time. After speaking with two different customer service reps, she stated the DVD was inserted incorrectly. I was charged everyday until another renter rented it out. Does not make sense to me at all!

Red box has definitely lost a customer!

16th of Apr, 2012

Hi there, we're so sorry to hear that you weren't able to get your problem resolved. It sounds like you were charged either additional day charges or for an unreturned disc. We definitely want to look into the charges for you and see what happened. Please send us an email to [protected]@redbox.com and we'll help you out as soon as possible.

3rd of Jun, 2012

Hi, I have been using red box for quite a while and now they overcharge me in to different occasions, I won't rent a movie with them again. I talk to customer service and they said they were gonna put it back to my account and they never did.so goodbye red box.

4th of Jun, 2012

Angel, we're sorry to hear you didn't get your refund. If you were promised a credit, we want to make sure you get it. Please send us an email to [protected]@redbox.com for assistance.

• Dr
      6th of Nov, 2012

I had similar experiences with Red Box. I've used the promo codes they'd text to my phone for free movie rentals, the kiosk would accept the code and wouldn't show a charge on the machine, ask for me to swipe my card...but then I check my bank statement to find that not only was I charged, but double. I've had many similar issues of overcharging with rentals and I'm so completely done with them it's not even funny. I've called the bank and got a new card and I'll never swipe my card in that damn machine again!!!

7th of Nov, 2012

@dRedbox Hader, we're sorry to hear that. The pending charge you're seeing on your account is just a pre-authorization to make sure that funds are available in case the disc is not returned. The pending charge will drop off your account within 3-5 business days. If you didn't see the charges drop, then please contact us by emailing [protected]@redbox.com and we can help you out right away.

4th of Jun, 2014

i just rented 3 dvd's outside of walmart, i rented mummy resurrected, the monuments men and the last one was suppose to be pompeii, but another movie came out, it's a horror movie w/c i don't prepare. i was wondering if i could get refunded for the wrong movie.i already returned the movie at once.thank you very much for the help