Red Lobster Hospitality / staff and food

1 RED LOBSTER 192 KISSIMMEE OLD TOWN, United States Review updated:

02/18/2019
Tried red lobster in international drive orlando florida
Near convention centre. Wow waited 35 minutes until server came back to us on her 3rd visit to the table she said sorry I forgot you. Ordered our meals and soup came out very nice and before we finished the soup the mains came out rushing us to clear the table any way we finished the mains and she came back and said you want the bill. I said what about our dessert she said you want that to go. I said I suppose so and paid and left quickly. We thought it was a mistake and red lobster are not like worse than a mcdonalds drive thru. So we tried the red lobster in kissimmee and wow even worse. Wasnt told about added upgrades and told we can have the soup instead of the salad. Soup came out lovely then once again mains came out before finishing soup and rushed again. Wasnt asked about desserts and found a hair on my plate next to the shrimps and then to top it all off a bill for $75 I had to complain to the manager about this. Thinking the manager would say im so sorry about this please come back and try a meal on the house no problem. Instead she said you should of said something but we tried. Well I give you 15% off the bill that was wrong anyway. So the bill that was $75 should of been $64 and then 15% off would be $54.40 she charged me $60 I thought you know what I would never go back there ever again and I will tell everyone about the horrific time weve had on holiday at red lobster twice in a week. I hope people read this and think twice about going.

Ja
Feb 17, 2019

Comments

• Be
      18th of Feb, 2019

You are adults. If you want dessert ASK for them. If you want upgrades ASK for them. They cannot read your minds. You should not get a meal on the house. If you cannot afford to dine at Red Lobster go somewhere cheaper. Why should you get a meal on the house? You already got 15 percent off the bill. Be grateful for that. Grow up and stop being greedy and demanding. They did not even need to give you 15 percent off the bill. They did and you want more. Also get a ten year old to help you with your math. 15 percent off of $75 is 62.75. Trust me they won't miss you. You are nothing but a ungrateful freeloader. They don't miss those that cannot afford their meals that they have to beg for free meals. I hope people read this and tell you off of not thanking them for getting 15 percent off. I hope they read this and see how terrible you are in math. I hope they see this and see how greedy you are. Trust me people reading this will think poorly of you. They won't stop going just because you have entitlement issues and are ungrateful and ill mannered.

18th of Feb, 2019

@BEnchboy They combined two separate incidents from two different restaurants into one long winded post. It's really hard to distinguish what happened where.

• Fi
      18th of Feb, 2019

@BEnchboy He said that he should have been charged $64 so that is where he got his figure. Whether is is correct or not we don't know. But we do know one thing every time someone says they won't be back it is 99 percent not true. Also I doubt that just because he tells his friends about his experience they will boycott the company. They will make up their own minds based on their experiences. I doubt that he would boycott a company because his friend had a bad experience.

18th of Feb, 2019

I never understood how red lobster survived for as long as it has.

We went once a very long time ago and it wasn't all that busy but our food didn't come until after an hour. I was about 10 or so and my two younger sisters were 4 and about 2.6mos. my parents were able to keep toddlers quiet (well before the time of iPads and smartphones) for over an hour.

You want to know how we got our food? Our father finally said to the manager: I've kept them quiet for over an hour. Now it's your turn.

18th of Feb, 2019

@Mrs Bean The reason it survived as long as it has is because I think the majority of the experiences were good ones. It is unfortunate that yours was a bad one.

Another reason they survive is because the manager just does not give people who complain meals on the house. They are firm and they don't budge. They may budge, but they don't give into unreasonable demands. I have to agree the OP should not get a meal on the house. While your issue was bad. I have a feeling that the OP would find any reason to demand they get a meal on the house. It could be as simple as the waitress looked at them wrong. The OP is shaming this site by trying to get a meal on the house. I wish they would ban people like this.

18th of Feb, 2019

@ mark henderson Sometimes they budge and give up to 10 percent more. But they don't give into cheap people who want more free. The manager should have showed James Percy where the door is and told him not to return.

18th of Feb, 2019

@ mark henderson we were never lobster/seafood people to begin with. and with two toddlers what really did they have to offer??

they actually did give us free reign of the salad bar back when it was a paid feature. one can only survive on lettuce and carrot shavings for so long.

I was never really interested in what they had to offer anyway.

on the giving meals on the house... if something is really wrong, like a bug in the 'from the kitchen' salad or something like that... it should be offered, not demanded.

18th of Feb, 2019

@Mrs Bean Bugs in the salad. Don't give these freeloader any ideas. Now they will claim that they "found" bugs in their salad and even come to their own restaurants with bugs go get the meal for free. Would not surprise me if James here would pull a stunt like that.

18th of Feb, 2019

@BEnchboy surprised they haven't seen heartbreakers.

• Su
      18th of Feb, 2019

Did you tell them you were overcharged eleven dollars? As for dessert, when she offered it to go, you could have spoken up and said you wanted it right here. The alleged hair found next to the shrimp, not shrimps, did you call a server then to show them the hair? After eating is not the time to complain. The manager was nice to offer fifteen percent off over the hair. But a free meal is pushing it since you obviously ate your hairy meal.

Red Lobster isn’t around here as we’re on the ocean. Many years ago they opened but closed in six months. If you get fresh fish off the boats, why go out for frozen fish?

I’m not a fan of chain restaurants anyway. Frozen, pre-cooked food is not interesting to me. You did like the soup at least, though you didn’t say what kind it was. It sounds like you expected a fresh fish meal from a chain restaurant and that’s irrational. When not offered dessert, I’d have asked for the dessert menu. Simple but effective. Perhaps she felt that soup and your meal was enough, though that’s not right.

Next time, try a smaller restaurant that’s family-owned and is recommended to you from a local. Say you don’t want a chain restaurant but a good place for homemade food. Fresh fish and good portions plus a nice atmosphere. But if you want cheaper salty frozen food, by all means keep supporting chains. Just don’t complain when the food is garbage.

• Su
      18th of Feb, 2019

Oh, instead of $54.40 you were charged $60. Did you complain to them or just us? We’re anonymous people on the Internet and your bad experience shouldn’t make others not go. Sometimes a restaurant screws up but if you handle the matter properly, then the issue is solved. I don’t avoid a business if someone here has an issue. I’m willing to try it and judge for myself. Often it’s the way a situation is handled that makes it bad.

People also need to use the internet to research new places. Read between the lines as well. Anyone reading your post would understand that you were guilty of being unreasonable and not asking questions. So many complaints here could be avoided if the complainer had intelligence. Common sense. Understanding. Patience.