Red Barn Motors / Sold a lemon to my teenage daughter!

1 473 Holyoke StLudlow, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (413) 583-3838

The owner of this used car dealership sold my teenage daughter her first car and unfortunately it is a lemon. Told him of the leaking of the steering fluid and the gas gage that goes backward. He said bring it in. Well I did and he said he might be able to fix the leak for a discounted price. I explained to him that there is a lemon law and that we should not have to pay anything. He said the lemon law does not cover anything but the trans axle and motor. However the lemon law does cover the car for ninety days for any safety problems, and not being able to steer you're car or running out of gas certainly are safety hazards. The leaking fluid has to be refilled every four days and my daughter all ready ran out of gas and has had the car less than two weeks. This man, Karel, the owner got nasty with me and said he was not going to fix anything because I was not nice to him. I told him I will get a lawyer if I have too but I believe that he as a business man and according to him a mechanic should not sell defective cars to his customers, it's not good for business and I want the world to know this man is a shady character to say the least.He told me to go get a sticker and if it was rejected then he might fix it. I guess safety for children or adults does not matter to this man. If he does not resolve this matter to my satisfaction, I will see him in small claims court. But please, anybody who is reading this, don't buy a car from this man, he is a shyster.

Va

More Red Barn Motors Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ma
  29th of Jan, 2015

Sorry, but I had a great experience at the dealership. You are playing a victim role here...first off, *you* BOUGHT the car. Second, your daughter ought to write the review, maybe a hint on why you made some bad decisions...or she did. Used car buying is a complex thing, and perhaps you need to understand it more. The guys at Red Barn probably would have helped you solve the problem, as they have access to the parts and have service ability. Seems you weren't nice, threatened him with legal action, and likely more. Perhaps taking the car to a place to have it checked out before YOU BOUGHT IT would have revealed the problem. Seems you need help buying, so use some help and you may not find yourself in the mess you created by yourself...as that's what buying used is...what you create for yourself. Gas gauge that goes backwards? So you filled it and it said empty? Fluid was leaking and nobody saw it and you could not communicate about both items?? In my experience the guys worked hard to get the truck with a few defects ready to go and stuck with me afterwards on a related issue. Why they did not with you says to me you should get some help buying a car next time.

Jj