RecordsArea / fraudulent charges

United States Review updated:

I received a 39.95 charge for a person search that I purportedly made, which I don't recall having made. I did conduct one person search through an entity called intelius and later discovered two charges (69.95 and 19.95) from two different companies: Intelius and 24 people. After a series of long searches, I discovered that intelius and 24 people were actually the same company, and that that intelius had basically committed fraud. I also discovered literally thousands of blogs complaining about the same fraud and that there are many class action lawsuits pending against this company. After I called intelius and informed them that I was an attorney, they very quickly refunded the charges. Today, I was reviewed my credit bill again, and I discovered a 39.95 charge that I didn't recognize. Long story short - after a series of calls, I discovered that this was yet another person search. I scoured my email history and discovered that the tranasction was made on the exact same day as the intelius search. Intelius apparently executes its fraud through a number of companies with different names. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Has anyone else received a charge for a search from this company that they didn't request? And does anyone know of any pending lawsuits against this company?

Comments

St
  16th of Feb, 2008
What we call from aus... this site is American bullsh*t, i repeat bull..### at its best!
Ci
  27th of Feb, 2008

Recordsarea - fraud/scam
917 lusk st suite 200
Boise
Idaho
recordsarea.com

A total scam & fraud. No information provided and no way to contact the company for a refund. Absolutely infuriating! Their ad looks like you have unlimited access to dozens of databases and when you follow the link there is charge after charge. None of this is disclosed until you have already paid for the membership. HELP!!!
Ci
  29th of Feb, 2008

Recordsarea - online scam
recordsarea

I purchased unlimited VIP membership from recordsarea and found it not as represented and totally useless. There was no way to contact them on their website for a refund - BUT I was able to contact Clickbank at CLKBANK.COM and they promptly refunded the total amount. Thank you Click Bank. Lesson learned.
Cl
  5th of Aug, 2008
can not find all public record as stated this company is a rip off
  11th of Aug, 2008

Recordsarea - most of my family not listed
recordsarea

I was misled in an ad telling me I could find anyone in US. I paid $29.95. found a couple people than I was notified my time had expired and I had to wait 24 hours. Could not find my grandmother who died in 2004, my mom who died in 2005, or my dad who died in 1980. Looked for several other people who are still living, they were not there. Not even my own daughter who lives 8 blocks from me.
Gy
  25th of Aug, 2008
i need a refund i was charge and i cant use the service
Ge
  8th of Dec, 2008

Recordsarea - unable to search any information in australia
Australia

cannot access any information on anybody in australia --e.g george wapshott or derek harris -screen comes up no records--gwapshott37@bigpond.com
  4th of Jan, 2009

Recordsarea - fraudulent records

complete fraud. according to them i was never married and my two kids don't exist. do not waste your money
La
  13th of Jan, 2009
paid and found no access to this site I demand my credit card be refunded!
Re
  25th of Jan, 2009
lied about finding people and marriage records
St
  8th of Feb, 2009

Recordsarea - no access
Illinois

There is no service. a total waste of m0ney--why haven't they been shut down? where are the people who allow this to go on. After I joined i found all the other complaints. This has been going on foe a long time. Why can't the be shut down?
In
  5th of Nov, 2009
It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.
  10th of Nov, 2011

Recordsarea - Fraud
Recordsarea

Complete fraud. according to them i was never married and my two kids don't exist. do not waste your money