RealtyTrade.com / Refuses to give refund

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Was called and offered a guarantee to sell our timeshare within 6 months or we would get a refund. We paid $1295 on a credit card. 6 month went by and we received 2 offers which both email addresses were bogus and they had no phone numbers. I called in and asked for help on both occasions and was told this happens and just wait for another one. I emailed 3 days after the contract expired and asked for the refund. Then called a week later to verify they got my email. I was told they had it but to call back in a week. I called back as told and then was told I needed to fax a letter to them but was not too late. I needed to do this within a week of expiration. I then printed out my email and faxed it to them. Called back and was told that now they would not give me my refund because I needed to send them a certified letter within the week of expiration. Then I called back and got another story from another person stating that I had 2 offers and that was reasonable amount so they would not refund because of that! I told him about the bogus emails and was told that was not their problem. I fell so dumb!

Comments

• Za
      21st of Oct, 2009

Warning to all with timeshares to sell, realtytrade is a scam.read all the complaints there TRUE!the same thing happend to me.we dont have alot of money in the first place, and for these greedy ### to go back on there word really fired me up.dont list with realtytrade!!!

• Tl
      4th of Mar, 2010
    RealtyTrade.com - refused to refund deposit
    Realtytrade
    Florida
    realtytrade.com

Realtytrade never received any legitimate offers on my property. After 6 months I requested refund on my deposit and realtytrade but the emails were returned stating the email address was invalid. Realtytrade refused to refund because they said they are still trying to find buyers for this property and that emails are not proper written notification in writing of refund request. It has now been 8 months and the company Realtytrade denies they are in violation of their contractual obligation since I did not send the letter via fax or mail even though the contract does not state such a requirement. Realtytrade makes promised to sell property within 6 months or full refund but fails to deliver on that promise by making stipulations about the refund request that are not included in the contract.

• Br
      7th of Jul, 2010

My story is the same as many. I was told that my timeshare would be sold easily, I gave them $1, 295.00 of my money and only received 2 offers in 2 years. One person actually responded back and said that they did not know what I was talking about and that they believed someone is pulling my leg, the other was a bogus e-mail. Oh, how I wished I would have done some research before I signed up with these people. Now, I tried calling and their phones are disconnected. Typical!!!