RealtyTrade / fee return refusal

1 14 E. Washington St. Suite 306Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1 800 420 9865

I sent a letter to RealtyTrade dated June 18 asking for refund. Letter arrived at RealtyTrade June 23, at 3:11. I was told that due to technical error, (I typed in June 18) I was in default and not entitled to refund since contract called for mail within 10 days after end of contract which was June 19, 2009. I was also told that an offer was made on my time share property in April and that an email was sent to me. No such e-mail ever was sent. RealtyTrade has used this falsehood to deny clients a refund (some clients posted their complaints on the web).
The Orlando Better Business Bureau rated RealtyTrade as F for failure to refund as contracted.

This outfit is corrupt and I need your help in receiving the $1, 400 I paid back in Dec. 2008. That is another matter. I did not authorize the payment by credit card until January, 2009, but the salesman, Mark Hershberger, debited the card in December. I gave him the credit card number since he said that my listing would be ready to go when I called back with authorization. That was a lie. He further told me that there were 8 "hits" on my property, but that also was a lie. Any "hits" occured when I accessed RealtyTrade web site to see listing.

When I check my credit card statement, I noticed a $1, 200 debit prior to my authorization. I sent a scathing email to Mark, but then apolized for that mail as I mistook the $1, 200 payment (which was for something entirely different) as RealtyTrade misbehavior. My wife told me of my mistake, hence the apology. Mark told me he had no problem with my apology, but deliberatly failed to tell me that, in fact, he did debit my card without prior authorization, something I discovered when I returned to the credit card statement and saw the $1, 400 debit posted a few days after the $1, 200 posting.

The people at RealtyTrade are practiced in their deceit. I was told that if I am to hold them to the contract, then they must hold me to same as letter was dated, by me as June 18 for delivery within the 10 days following contract termination.

If this miserable excuse from RealtyTrade does not do the trick, then their fallback position is that an offer was made and not responded to. The contract states it is the client's responsibility to respond to bona fide offers. As RealtyTrade says it has no further obligation, and that they do not keep email and offers made, they can also use this excuse for refusal to refund.

I need your help to bring these people to sanity and justice.

Dr. Philip A. Serafino
318 Front Street
Owego, NY 13827

[protected]

Comments

• Ro
      7th of Jul, 2009
    RealtyTrade - They sold mine
    Orlando
    realtytrade.com

They sold my property in 4 months and gave me a discount on selling my second one. I've tried this before with 2 other scam companies. The service RT gave me was far superior to the others. At least they really try to sell timeshares.

• Kn
      20th of Jan, 2010
    RealtyTrade - refund
    Florida

Realtytrade contactected me to sell my timeshare property. They assured me I would have offers within my price range within 6 months or would receive a full refund. During the 6 months they sent me two names with email addresses. I repeatedly tried to contact these people but no responses. I called Realtytrade repeatedly for help and they finally told me that one person was not contactable and the other was unemployed and no longer interested in my property. I never received anything from either person, no contact, no offer, nothing. So I sent a delivery confirmed letter within the 10 day required time period. After that I called and was told by Realtytrade that they didn't even open my letter because they considered contact information an offer, even if I never had a monitary offer or contact. There are people filing a class action suit and I have signed up. Also Realtytrade now has the online buisness burea on their website claiming they had no complaints. I think it's new so if you have a complaint make sure to let them know. If you have any questions on this posts send to magsolandin@yahoo.com

• Ni

Orlando
    Phone: 1-800-420-9865
    RealtyTrade.com

I gave a deposit of $590.00 to sale my timeshare, the money would be returned
    if my timeshare did not sale in 6 months. It was not sold not even one offer!!!
    I ask for my money back and they will not talk to me now.This is FRAUD.
    DO NOT TRUST REALTY TRADE in ORLANDO FL.

22nd of Mar, 2010
    RealtyTrade - no refund!
    RealtyTrade
    Florida

This company said they sent me an OFFER to my email. I never recieved it. When i called them they tell me to go to my contract. here is what the contract stated:

All offers will be delivered electronically to the email address that has been provided in Owner information listed above. All offers will be sent by network.database@realtytrade.com. It is Owner’s responsibility to monitor all email correspondence and ensure email address is accurate, as offers will not be delivered any other way other than electronically via email.

I looked thru all my emails and never saw anything, but they said they sent it, and i got it, so no refund.

• Ha
      26th of May, 2011
    RealtyTrade - Realtytrade is a lying ripoff with timeshare selling scheme
    Realtytrade

Realtytrade contacted me on december of 2008 promising to sell or rent my timeshare within six months. This is the third company I have paid to sell my timeshare going back to vacation register, RIU and realtytrade. They prey on people who have good credit and pick up your name from timeshare companies such as RCI. I paid them 895.00 from my visa card on January 2, 2009 after many phone calls from them saying they already had a buyer. I am contacing Visa but probably won't get anywhere with getting my money back. Some legal entity has to go after these people.

14th of Jun, 2011
    RealtyTrade - Should you decide to go with Realty Trade, think twice
    Realtytrade

A RealtyTrade sales rep called me & wanted to list my duo Mexican timeshare property. He told me he needed an account number so he can compile the info to let me look over & if I approve of it he will go forward. I called him back a few days later & said I am skeptical & decided I didnt want to move forward. At this point, he had already taken the $1190 out of my checking acct without my knowledge or approval. He called me back & said I need to trust him that he will sell it & I will be happy. At this point, he already had the money & I still didnt know it. Later that week I checked the balance of my account and it was almost depleted. When I inquired with my bank they told me Realty Trade had withdrawn $1190. I was shocked & furious. I called & called leaving several VME's with Ron (the rep) but he wouldnt call me back. I filed a Police Report (iinformed possible FBI invovlement), and an Affidavit with my bank. They refuse to return my money. I was called 'wishy-washy, wacked, b--tch, wacked and on drugs.' I also spoke with the Processing Dept Director & he said no $$ back - that I would be in breech of contract. BBB has been notified as well as several other agencies. Should you decide to go with Realty Trade, think twice. They have a track record through internet data, reports and evidence.

3rd of Nov, 2012

Dr. Serafino was very confused and has made some unfortunate accusations and shared these in an attempt to discredit this company when in fact he is the one who is at fault.. When he as a customer signed the agreement for service the payment for service was made at that time. There was no reason for the company to proceed with a signed agreement if the customer was unwilling to make the payment at that time. He was well aware of this. By signing the agreement and furnishing his form of payment on that date he authorized the company to proceed with the agreed service. Once the Dr. saw there were as he says 8 hits (meaning 8 interested parties) on the website he realized the company was doing the job he wanted and was obtaining interest in his property. That was the job, advertise. Unfortunately he jumped the gun and in his haste as he states made some errors regarding his credit card statement. If there was a real injustice done to this customer then the credit card company would have stepped in and done a normal investigation. If they had found that the company was at fault they would have done a charge back. They never did that because they never investigated.