RealtyTrac / PEI Coach Network sign up

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I too was stupid to sign up for the trial subscription to RealtyTrac to see if they really did provide additional foreclosure information not available elsewhere - not really, just packaged a little better. I got sidetracked and was a day late in canceling the trial subscription so I figured I had wasted $49.95. To my surprise my credit card also had the additional $59.95 charge from PEI*Coach Network . I immediately called the phone number on the credit card bill and fortunately there were no problems in canceling the (real estate advisors) subscription as well as submitting a refund request. I went back to the RealtyTrac.com site and went through the signup pages again up to the payment page and carefully read the Terms of Use and did not find anything that hints at signing up for another service. Hence I do believe there is some misconduct involved in this automatic signup. The RealtyTrac Terms of Use does state "Member who posts Member Content on the Site or any RealtyTrac-controlled or sponsored website, including without limitation, properties for sale, hereby grants to RealtyTrac the right to distribute, by e-mail or otherwise, all, part or a modified version of such Member Content to any third party, including any media RealtyTrac may deem advisable in its sole determination for marketing purposes." --i.e. a pretty stong anti-privacy statement.

Comments

28th of Mar, 2011

I too noticed the billing was different from what I expected. I did sign up for the RealtyTrac Coaching program, but my credit card statement said PEI Coach Network. I found out that there is a separate billing for the coaching programs by PEI. They refunded me for the month for the confusion.