Realty Trade / Paid fee for Sale of Timeshare with no contact after fee was paid

1 14Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-420-9865

We were contacted by realty trade, they (Hal Herrin) told us he would have our property rented within three (3) weeks for $2850.00 and then it would be sold Thirty (30) days after that for $54, 200.00. We were promised everything would be sold and done after only three (3) months time if not we would get a refund of our $895.00. We have been trying to call and email them for over three (3)months. We finally filed a claim with our bank because of false representation. We are still dealing with our bank because claims realty trade is trying to say. They sent a contract in just my name only in which I told them it has to be in both my husbands and my name they did not do this but still claim we are in breach of contract because we have not waited the three (3) months for the sales of our timeshare. Now they will not answer my phone calls or emails.
Larene Sully

Comments

• Be
      13th of Jul, 2009

Thank you for posting this. I was just about to sign a contract with Reality Trade to sell my timeshare and rent weeks with RCI. Upfront fee would be $1890 with the promise to sell my timeshare for $25, 000 (more than twice what I paid for it) in a week. Too good to be true. Must be I just went to look up scam reports with them and see enough here to stop action. Called my bank to stop payment. Glad I found this.

Once a victim and never again

• Tr
      21st of Jul, 2009
    Realty Trade - Refund
    Realty Trade
    Orlando
    Florida
    realtytrade.com

9 January 2008, I contracted with Realty Trade to sell our resort timeshare. The contract said that if there was no activity within 6 months the fee of $895 would be refunded. Now they ignore my phone request for the refund.

• Vi
      28th of Aug, 2009
    Realty Trade - fasilure to refund money on bogus lead told we could change contract then when we wanted refund now we can not
    Realty Trade
    Florida

told to change contract to suit then they wait 6 months when eleigable to get refund to say you could not. called several times and they only recorded one. Never got a clear answer always the written statement.
    wrote a letter a month in advance to request refund and told it would not be accepted had to write again. so I did then imediatly told no refund and that I should of done more to assist them in selling the property.

• Fr
      22nd of Jan, 2010
    Realty Trade - ripped off
    frank d.
    New Jersey

paid $800.00 for these people who promised in 6 month period my timeshares would be sold called wrote letters ceritified they never respond they are fakes and frauds stay away from them

• Mi
      29th of Jan, 2010

One of the worst scams on the market. Let stop complaining and start to do something about it. Let us combine our efforts and make a collective court action against them. Their proper place in prizon and we can help them to getr it. Please start to add to this comment your addresses, tel. # connract # and amount. All rest of it will be taken care of by my lawyers.
    MICHAEL

17th of Feb, 2010

I was assured by Ron Gollaher, Realty Trade Sales Executive, that I would receive my deposit
    back, In Full, if my timeshare did not sale.It did not sale and now I cannot get my deposit back!!!
    I would like to get everyone who has been DEFRAUDED by Realty Trade to contact
    Attorney General Bill McCollen
    The Capitol PL-01
    Tallahassee, Fl. 32399-1050
    We cannot allow the crooks to continue cheating us, I am an elderly person and I cannot afford to
    be taken advantage of.
    Emma

• Wi
      17th of May, 2010

I was contacted by Alisha Smiley (sales executive) for Realty Trade on 10-17-2009 about selling by time share. I received no offers till 3-4-2010, and I tried 3 e-mails and the persons phone number with no response.

I sent a certified letter on 4-5-2010 per instructions from Alisha Smiley and another one on 4-21-2010. Realty Trade says they did not receive the second one so I sent them a fax of the receipt were they signed for it. Then they said that I had received an offer. I told them that I had tried to contact the person (Sherri Fennell) several times and had even sent they an e-mail telling of the problem with reaching the buyer. Still they are not wanting to refund the 1000.00 fee.

I would not recommend anyone having anything to do with this so called company. They will take your money easy enough but just try to get it back.

• Pe
      9th of Oct, 2013

Was in contact with "Jacob Austin" his number being 407 451 8607. He wanted an upfront fee as well for selling timeshares.