Realty Trade / Unauthorized Credit Card Charge

1 FL, United States Review updated:

June 19, 2009 Hal Herrin of Realty Trade called and told the wife and I about their service which seemed good. Hal Herrin of Realty Trade said he needed our credit card number to start the process and we would NOT be billed until we signed a document we were to receive by mail and send it back to Realty Trade.

This was a lie, our credit card was billed the day I gave Hal Herrin of Realty Trade the card number. We decided not to sign the contract and Realty Trade will NOT refund our money.

As in internet marketer I have decided to put my efforts to marketing a blog I have setup which details our dealings with Realty Trade. If I can get others to join then just perhaps we can start a class action law suite and put these internet pirates out of business.

I can be contacted at timesharewarrior@gmail.com or go to the blog and leave a comment www.realtytrade.info

Comments

• Wa
      8th of Aug, 2009

Thank you for posting your ordeal experience. You have my sympathy.

The bigger questions I have to ask are:

Why those ### can get away unpunished?
    What will take to catch enough attention from the authority and eventually bring those damn thefts into justice?
    Is there any possibility to sell or rent out our timeshares by ourselves without risking being scammed?

• Bi
      27th of Sep, 2009

Ron G. from Realty Trade called and his offer to market our timeshare sounded good. He said it wouldn't be a valid contract until I signed the actual contract and mailed it back. I checked the internet and saw the number of complaints against this company and called back 2 days later to cancel the "verbal" agreement. Ron G. called back 4 days later and I again told him I wasn't interested. He said it would take 5 weeks to get the charge off my credit card which had been charged without a contract in place. The credit card compant did give me a credit, but 2 months later the charge is back. I'm still disputing it. Realty Trade told the credit card company they had 31 inquiries on my property in Colorado...My timeshare is in Arizona! Think twice before dealing with them.

• Ke
      18th of Nov, 2009

Thanks for the insight.
    I had exactly the same experience this evening.
    "Give us your credit card and we will not put the charge through until you send back the signed contract."
    Woops ... the charge went through within 5 minutes of hanging up the phone.
    The credit card company can only log a complaint. "The charge is a charge between you and your business associate."

The "guaranteed selling price" made no sense. Not based on reality, just their "recent experience."