Realtor.com / lead generation cancellation

Order Number : [protected] I am a new agent contacted by sales rep Chris Valiando. He told me I could cancel at anytime when I had reservations about cost and quality. 3 wks in and this is not for me. Now I can't get him on the line. Last call, someone named Nick said "Chris said he's in a meeting" Really? emailed him and no response. HELP

Dv
Jun 6, 2016

Comments

• Hr
      24th of Jul, 2016

He lied to you. You have 3 days to cancel. I've just submitted a complaint about Realtor.com to the Attorney General's office in CA.

I signed up to Realtor.com Aug.2015 - BIG MISTAKE!!! Said I'd receive 4 leads a month from my chosen zipcode. 12 months later, I've never received 4 leads from my zip code in a month. Only months I received 4 leads were when they came from zipcodes I didn't ask for. Rep didn't mention that in his sales pitch.

I've tried repeatedly during the last 5 months to get out of the contract with no success. Bottom line is the take your money and don't deliver the leads. Realtor.com DOES NOT give refunds or release people from contracts. Doesn't matter if they don't deliver what you agreed to. If you cancel early, they still bill your card.

That is why I've complained to the CA Attorney General. I've found several complaints, they mostly say the same thing. Realtor.com takes my money and doesn't deliver the leads.

Address i used for Realtor.com in complaint is it's corporate headquarters:
    3315 Scott Blvd., Santa Clara, CA 95054

• Hr
      27th of Jul, 2016

I complained to BBB.org yesterday. I suggest you contact Realtor.com. Email the support department. Keep records of communication; names, dates and conversation. If they refuse to cancel, complain to BBB.org. Realtor.com has closed 68 complaints in the last month. Hope that helps!

• Ju
      9th of Aug, 2017

@hrfody I am going through this right now. I call...someone named Kyle is supposed t call back...he hasnt. In June I called and they gave me a "break" for june and july..now in Aug, the fees are starting up again...I have called twice this week. I never received a "service contract" they emailed it to an old email address. Today, after I requested one be sent to my regular email. they assured me it was sent...that was 3 hrs ago..no email. So is there a person to contact??

• Ga
      15th of May, 2017

when I called Realtor.com to sign up, I asked if I was going to be under contract and if so, how long my contract was going to be for, they said, there are NO contracts and you can cancel at anytime. I called today trying to cancel and they told me I was on a 12 month contract which I don't have any record of (nor did I signed anything) and the guy was so rude and almost called me a liar... He said "so you're saying that my sales rep told you that you can cancel at any time? what if I call him right now and he says he didn't say that?" I was like ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW?, you're calling me a liar?, and he even said, well, do whatever you want Gabby, we are not canceling the service, so do what's best for you...
    I'm canceling the payments thru my credit card and I they will send me alerts if they try to charge my credit card again. Also, I'm putting a complain thru BBB.org .. I can't believe they get away with this!

• Ph
      4th of Aug, 2017

@Gabby Grijalva Oh my God you just said VERBATIM what they told me. She called me a dishonest person for saying that she told me I could cancel!!! This is ridiculous please ANYONE WHO HAS HAS THIS ISSUE, EMAIL ME... Phancyhomes@gmail.com, this is ridiculous.

• Ge
      5th of Sep, 2017

@Gabby Grijalva Need to cancel myself did you block them on credit card and did that work?

11th of Oct, 2017

@Gabby Grijalva Nice chatting with you Gabby. Appreciate your willingness to contribute to the case against Realtor.com

18th of Sep, 2018

@Gabby Grijalva Did they ever try to recollect funds? It says they charge 1% per month on bills not paid. I'm also considering canceling and disputing with my credit card but fear it will accumulate and be sent to collections.

• Ag
      7th of Jul, 2017

Same thing here. I have been told that I can cancel at any time. I haven't signed anything, but they keep telling me that I have contract for 12th months. I have been told that if I cancel payments on my credit cards, they will send it to collection agencies. I don't know what to do. They threatened me, yelled at me, were very rude. I don't know what is the truth now. Its a scam

• Ti
      23rd of Aug, 2017

Where specifically can I file a complaint? bbb.org doesn't recognize Realtor.com - thank you!

11th of Oct, 2017

@Tiffany Price Try Move, Inc. Try contacting me also as I am currently involved in legal action against them and may be able to help.

• Nh
      16th of Oct, 2017

@Former#employee I'm trying to get out of my contract too since they have only delivered 5 leads in the first three months. Not was I was promised by the sales rep at all.

• Ra
      1st of Nov, 2017

@Former#employee So any news on the legal action!I'm in a situation of that matter as well.They won't let me out of my contract even though I went through surgery and can't work

• Ho
      2nd of Nov, 2017

@Former#employee I just had a crazy experience with them on the Move, inc side. The salespeople are independent contractors. I am looking to buy mortgage leads just for myself and they said I could only buy leads for the entire state and needed a 6 month commitment. $3600 a month. No returns on leads that are fake. absolute nonsense. Just went through this with Zillow/Trulia. Terrible leads. Lied about the quality. Blamed the number of reviews on my profile for the quality of the leads... I just signed up with them, how would I have real reviews on there? They wanted me to spend $15, 000 to get enough leads to make a real determination on how good they are. I cancelled and I got the runaround with 5 different people all blaming the number of reviews. They cancelled but I ended up losing alot of money with what was in reserves that they kept and very poor leads, almost as bad as cold calling random numbers.

• Ge
      5th of Sep, 2017

did calling credit card help with Realtor.com? They will not let me out of my contract

16th of Oct, 2017

@geraci Instant message me your contact information.

• He
      24th of Aug, 2018

@Former#employee Can you tell me where this has ended up for you? I am 1 month in to a 6 month contract (although I never signed anything) and it is horrible. I am thinking about cancelling my credit card but I don't want to be sent to collections. Any insight would be so great. Thank you,

24th of Aug, 2018

@Hendryam Hi,
    I haven’t canceled my credit card yet as I’m afraid my credit will be tarnished. I’m waiting for another month, then I’m canceling so I’ll only have 3 months left on the contract. I haven’t found a solid solution in doing this.

11th of Oct, 2017

Complete scam. Trying to cancel also. When I asked about when do I get to review and sign the contract, sales rep Anthony says "there's no contract." Of course their tune changes later when you try to cancel and they said it's some type of implied consent contract even if you never had a chance to review and agree to the terms before supposedly implicitly entering into the contract. There is no rationale for the 12 months except the only way they can make money is by tricking people to pay way more money than is justified since they can't deliver anything close to the marketing pitch. Also the contract is so lopsided it's a joke--you agree to pay for nothing and they agree to produce nothing and you apparently have no remedy.

What a joke! Leads were completely worthless. Could never ever reach anybody about those $50k mobile homes or otherwise told flat out they already have brokers and/or they had no idea what they were filling out.

11th of Oct, 2017

@Realtor.comIsAScam If you would like to contribute your experience, please let me know!

15th of Jan, 2018

@Former#employee So are you a former employee of Realtor.com? How do you suggest we opt out? Any advice?? I don't know how anyone can say you have a contract without you actually having a document that you signed with them. I have nothing. Just them debiting my account monthly. I'm done.

16th of Jan, 2018

@RealtorGoneBroke https://www.inman.com/2018/01/11/lawsuit-accuses-realtor-com-of-defrauding-agents/

Leave a comment on this article published last week and we'll connect.
    -Brian

17th of Nov, 2017

So, is there a way to cancel out of the contract? I'm having most of the issues expressed here.

• St
      28th of Nov, 2017

I called my credit union and reported my debit card lost, got a new one, problem solved... for now... they said they ‘ could ‘ send me to collections, and if they do, I’ll fight their [censor]

16th of Jan, 2018

Leave a comment on this article published last week and we'll connect there!

16th of Jan, 2018

Same exact problem. They do not let me cancel and keep on sending me leads. If they are so good they should have people in line signing up for their service instead of trying to keep customers who are very unhappy with their service. I will file with BBB also.

17th of Jan, 2018

@realtor77 Go here to voice have voice heard:

Leave a comment and we'll connect.

15th of Feb, 2018

@Former#employee Good evening,

My name is Efrain, I am a licensed realtor out of NYC. I subscribed earlier this month for several zip codes and it has been god awful.

I instinctively knew it was time to cancel as this was a subscription that under delivered on promises. Apparently I have told I am in a 12 month contract of which I never signed or reviewed. This is after being told by sales rep Randy, that I can cancel at anytime because "they understand that life changes". I got into it exactly as others have expressed on this board.

Is there a real way to resolve this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted: Jun 6, 2016 by DVMorris
    Lead Generation CANCELLATION
    Complaint Rating: 0 % with 1 votes
    realtors.com
    Order Number : 00058180 I am a new agent contacted by sales rep Chris Valiando. He told me I could cancel at anytime when I had reservations about cost and quality. 3 wks in and this is not for me. Now I can't get him on the line. Last call, someone named Nick said "Chris said he's in a meeting" Really? emailed him and no response. HELP

Complaint comments Comments (26) Updated: Feb 15, 2018 Complaint country United States Complaint category Other
    Was the above complaint useful?
    More Realtor.com Complaints & Reviews

N 1st of Nov, 2017 by Radostina Delistoyanova 0 Votes
    N 2nd of Nov, 2017 by Holly Wubbe 0 Votes
    N 5th of Sep, 2017 by geraci 0 Votes
    N 16th of Oct, 2017 by Former#employee 0 Votes
    @geraci Instant message me your contact information.
    A 11th of Oct, 2017 by Realtor.comIsAScam 0 Votes

N 15th of Jan, 2018 by RealtorGoneBroke 0 Votes
    N 16th of Jan, 2018 by Former#employee 0 Votes

Leave a comment on this article published last week and we'll connect.
    -Brian
    A 17th of Nov, 2017 by Christian Medina 0 Votes
    A 28th of Nov, 2017 by Stephanie Southerland 0 Votes
    N 16th of Jan, 2018 by Former#employee 0 Votes

Leave a comment on this article published last week and we'll connect there!
    N 16th of Jan, 2018 by realtor77 0 Votes
    N 17th of Jan, 2018 by Former#employee 0 Votes
    @realtor77 Go here to voice have voice heard:

I instinctively knew it was time to cancel as this was a subscription that under delivered on promises. Apparently I have been told I am in a 12 month contract of which I never signed or reviewed. This is after being told by sales rep Randy, that I can cancel at anytime because "they understand that life changes". I got into it exactly as others have expressed on this board.

Is there a real way to resolve this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Ar
      13th of Mar, 2018

Cancel or change your credit cards from which you are paying to Realtor. If they can't charge your credit card they can't charge you period. They have no contract so they can't really send you to collection agency..

12th of Sep, 2018

@Arkada @arkada did you do this successfully? did they send you to collections? I never signed a contract, but they sent me one that I don't believe I saw until recently when I started researching this.

• La
      28th of Mar, 2018

I have it in writing that I was promised 40 leads. They also misrepresented because I asked how many agents would be sharing space and he said two. He led me to believe it would just be myself and one other person. Wrong, 100 plus agents in the zip code. Many many zip codes in the same city.

18th of Sep, 2018

@LakeAndie In my experience, you will go months without a lead and one random holiday weekend you will get 25. Its a joke

30th of Jul, 2018

I am in the same boat. Keep trying to cancel but get the contract talk. Has anyone changed cards and if so did they send you to collections?

1st of Aug, 2018

I’ve been fighting with them for 4 months and same problem with canceling. I don’t want to tarnish my credit report if I cancel payment on credit card. Anyone else do this without any incident?

12th of Sep, 2018

Everyone on this thread, Is there anyone that can help? I'm of course having the same issues as all of you. They promised me they only send the lead to 2 agents, but I have had more than a few tell me they got calls from at least 6 different brokerages from only one request for information.Did anyone have any success cancelling their card, and did they send you to collections? How do we get out of this B.S.?? Anyone who can, Please Help.

12th of Sep, 2018

I canceled my credit card, so far I haven’t had any issues.

14th of Sep, 2018

Thank you @Christinealex ! When did you cancel it? I assume if they were going to send you to collections, they would have been sending you invoices for non-payment for about 3 months then collections. Have you heard from them at all since canceling your card? Thank you for the info!

15th of Sep, 2018

I haven’t heard from them yet as I just canceled my credit card only last month.
    Since I legally didn’t sign a contract I feel they have nothing to come after me for.

18th of Sep, 2018

@Christinealex Literally in the same situation. I even canceled an auto-renewal and they STILL renewed and charged me. Not only are the leads more expensive this time around, its been almost a month and they still haven't refunded me which they told me they would since I contacted them immediately after receiving the invoice. I had signed up for a new zip code back in June and have only received TWO leads. Now, after reading all this I don't want to do business with them at all! I never signed anything and the sales rep made it sound like if it didn't work out for me that I could cancel. How is this not a bigger deal? I feel like the public needs to know. They're being scammed as well if you think about it. I can't tell you how many times I've been chewed out because of the number of agents calling them after they request more information on a listing.