Realgoldsoft / Fraudulent charges

1 Azerbaijan Review updated:

When working on my computer via the internet, I received a notification that my computer was at risk and needed more security for protection. Since I was under the impression that my Microsoft made the prompt, I proceeded with the download from the web site that was made available to improve the security issue. The company represented on the web site and the actual company name listed as the transaction printed on my credit card statement was not the same.

My card carrier is Chase Visa (Disney). I am disguested with them as well. When I contacted them in regards to this fraudulent transaction, they said that they were aware of the fraudulent transactions from this particular company and BAKU that shows. I could not believe they did not take more preventative actions to make me aware of this. Chase Visa is not pro-active for their customers when fraudulent transactions occur. I guess this is a way they get more more out of you by asking if they could intrest you in the fraud/identity theft protection plan. You would think that credit card carriers would go to bat for their customers that actually enable them to stay in business by making charges and then making consistant more than the minimum monthly payment.

More Realgoldsoft Complaints & Reviews

Comments

29th of Dec, 2009

I was over charge 47.00 dollar for antivirus soft ware that I order.don't know how to coneact.

• Kr
      1st of Feb, 2010

It's not your credit card company's responsibility to prevent you from engaging in fraudulent transactions. The next time your computer prompts you to download something you don't recognize or seems fishy, do some research first.

• To
      3rd of Feb, 2010

Do you have any idea how many fraudulent companies/scams/messages/sofware there is out there? If your credit card company were to tell you about every single one, you would have to spend hours just going through them all? Plus there are thousands of new ones everyday.. Would you expect a letter/email everyday with 1000 new threats?
    It's tough that you got swindled this time, but learn from it, tell your friends.. the only reason these companyies/fraudsters have the infrastructure to continue is because we give it to them...

• Ar
      10th of Jun, 2016
    Realgoldsoft - charged for services
    Realgoldsoft
    Lebanon
    Pennsylvania

My daughter's computer crashed. Your company was the only thing that would come up on her computer saying we had to buy your software in order to fix the numerous worms and viruses that were on her computer. I did download the software in order for her to continue to have any kind of use of her computer at college. It did not fix the problem so we tried again but it still did not work. I thought this was peculiar so I looked up your company on my computer and found that this company is actually the virus on her computer. It was too late! You had my credit card information by then and have charged me on 11/23/09 for 79.90 and on 12/30/09 for 49.95. I immediately uninstalled your software on my daughters computer and reported this to my credit card company. I have sinced cancelled my credit card and would like my money back!
    I am not using your software, do not have it on any computer I own and refuse to pay for it.