REAL RN-Superpass / mysterious billing

For years I did lots of traveling and got used to seeing dozens of items in my monthly credit card statement. I just checked the total and paid it. Recently -because of old age, among other things - I've been staying put, and now my account shows only the five or six things I've been paying regularly: memberships, insurance, charities. PLUS somthing called RN *SUPERPASS FROM REA, $13.74!

I called the company to find out what the hell it was, learned that it provides online entertainment - something I can't imagine ever needing - AND that I've been paying this for six years! I have no memory of signing up for this, or if I did I certainly couldn't have known that it involved monthly charges. I've never used it, whatever that would mean.

I asked to cancel and was told that I'm already paid through next month and that I should at least take advantage of my right to buy ten dollars' worth of music. I don't even know what that means - how does one buy $10 worth of music?

The person I talked to told me that he was emailing me the confirmation number for my cancellation - but after two days it hasn't arrived!

There's no protection for stupidity - I should have looked at my payments every single month - but I wonder if I have any recourse in this case.