Real Estate Excellence / False promises!

Monterey, CA, United States Review updated:
3.25
I, too, spent about $200 on this outdated VHS tape. Just by the appearace of the clothes worn by people in the tape clearly indicate the decade prior. The promises on the website and mailers say everything is updated. There is no contact info to make a complaint or refund... NOR is Paul Larisey currently licensed in CA!!! Friends, feel free to look him up under the ca.dre.gov website. His license has been expired since the early 1990's.

Needless to say, I didn't pass my exam...

Although I am not completely blaming the company for that... or should I. Laws and regulations change constantly in real estate, reviewing info more that 10 years old is worse that not reviewing it at all. Now I must unlearn the outdated, incorrect information before retaking the exam...that is if and after I identify them.

I hope this helps someone out there. Too bad I did my research after my check was cashed!
Va

Comments

Mi
  17th of Jan, 2008
3 Years ago, I watched the video and followed their instructions exactly and I passed the exam. I took the exam 3 times, my first 2 I DID NOT use the video, on the 3rd time I decided to try it and it worked. My 2 cousins and my husband also passed using the video. If you use it correctly, it will work.
Al
  15th of Jun, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I used RE Excellence (the footage is clearly dated but the material is all current so who cares?) and I used their dvd/updated notes EXACTLY the way they said to, and I passed my exam on the first try.
Pa
  3rd of Aug, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I used RE Excellence (DVD was dated) recently and I passed on my first attempt. I spent time reviewing the DVD and handwritten materials over and over again. It was better than all those sample tests that give you several wrong answers.
Ma
  12th of Aug, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Did you pass and if so what materials did you purchase next?
maria
Bi
  3rd of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I purchased the tape, didn't follow directions, flunked the first time.
Followed directions to the letter, Passed the second time.
Reccommended the tape to my best friend, who followed the directions, he passed thre first time.

THE TAPE WORKS IF YOU FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!!!
Ve
  28th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I bought and followed the tape to the letter...I had not studied up until one week before my exam because I was so bored with other study aids...I passed the first time. About two years later (I didn't use my license nor take the necessary classes and let it lapse) I again bought the tape and studied it like the first time...I passed again. My sister failed the test the first time...told her about it and she she studied about 1-1/2 weeks prior to the test...she passed it. I worked with a gal who failed three times! I told her about it and she got the tape...she passed the exam. All I can say is that it's cheesy when you watch it (that's the whole idea - so that you remember what you're learning - visually)...I swear it works! Hope this helps...V
Ea
  10th of Jan, 2010
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I ordered the DVD of Real Estate Excellence for brokers exam. Same one came as for agents. Material from 1990s. I took the exam 3 times and couldn't pass. The material is too far outdated. Save money don't get it. I finally went to a Real Estate trainers 2 day crash course and passed. I went to return the DVD I "Rented" from Real Estate Excellence and it came back. Bogus Address.$5.21 in shipping fees wasted. Hours of time. Don't get ripped off!
Earl - Santa Rosa, CA
Ha
  7th of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I passeed the real estate exam on first try using the VHS tape and my family member has too.
Re
  2nd of Apr, 2010
I got the advertisement DVD in the mail, a bit confused. I like the memory tips it shows in the clips, but all people and background are definitely 20+ years ago. It says it's updated material, but not sure it would really help for my exam in 28 days.
Please let me know your feedback.
When did you use the tape?
Did you follow the instruction?
Did you pass the exam?

Thanks a lot !!
  17th of Aug, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I used this tape for my salesperson exam and my broker exam. I passed both times - not even spending the amount of time they suggested. In fact, I nailed the exams so much so that I walked out of the room first both times. If you follow their directions, I can't see how you could fail. This course is a no-brainer.
  19th of Aug, 2010
please help me i want to order this dvd have my exam in 2 weeks and need to know if this really works and if i shud get this please help!!!

froggie
Agree Disagree -2 Votes

Order it. You will pass. Stop panicking.
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Almost forgot, don't be alarmed by it's totally cheesy presentation. The tricks help you remember stuff.
  21st of Aug, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
thanks i am not so good taking exams I panic thats why I need to get something that really works and that will help me pass. got the free sample and it looks really old pics but that dont matter if it really works. I need it my exam is close by... thanks
  25th of Aug, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
It doesn't matter how old the pictures look. The concepts remain the same. Get it. Follow the instructions and you will pass.
  28th of Aug, 2010
hey do you work for real estate excellence??? are you a sales person from there??? if you are maybe you can help why do we lease the dvd whats the point of that and is the stuff in the dvd current that will help pass the exam if you do work for them and maybe can help me order the product by explaining a bit more of it!!! thanks
  28th of Aug, 2010
my exam is in 3 days and i think i am not ready so i will maybe change my exam for a nother day, have a book with me all day and hear a cd all day to but dont feel that great... also took a small practice exam on line and did 70% so i dont think i be able to pass i know i can go and take it again if i dont but i need to pass on the first time that will help me with all my fears... any ways i have order a lot of differnt stuff to help me pass the exam and i have about a year with all this dont know if i shud buy more and keep doing this and keep changing the day i want to do good and feel like i pass it when i exit the room and so far dont feel like that yet...thanks
  1st of Sep, 2010
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
No, I'm not a sales person for them. Just a satisfied customer.
  6th of Sep, 2010
oh ok well I change the date of my exam for later on I dont feel like Im ready but thanks any ways...
Pi
  18th of Jan, 2011
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I took and passed the exam today. I followed the instructions by watching it completely through and then the 2 hour flash review each night. I also watched it twice on the day before my exam, just to make sure. Also, review the updates. There are a couple of things not covered in the materials that were on the test, however, not enough for you to miss 45 questions to fail. I was done in < 1 hour and the most questions and answers were verbatum from the tape.

Lastly, I only had 3 math problems on the entire test. Just know simple interest, how many sq. foot in an acre and a little about townships and you are good to go.