Real Club Gran Caribe / Scam

Real Club Gran Caribe
My husband and I were scammed by this company while on vacation (2/09) and agreed to sign over two timeshares we owened and pay an additional $14, 000 for 575 weeks of vacation. Everything they agreed to, but didn't include in the paperwork they gave us, was a lie.

If we don't pay them the money and turn over our deeds to the timeshares, they will try to ruin our credit.

I have contacted American Express in the hopes that they will help us fight this company.

If anyone has had any success in dealing with these scammers, please let us know

A  9th of Jul, 2009 by
I agree one hundred percent. We bought a timeshare from real club Gran Caribe Real but we can't get a reservation or get a hold of anyone. If anyone else is having issues with them put it on ttp://www.thesqueakywheel.com/complaints/2009/JUL/complaint43897.cfm They get sent an e-mail every time someone logs on to that complaint. Also file with PROFECO they might be able to help. I am trying to do everything I can to get my money back due to the lies they told us. I haven't been able to even use the service we bought. DO NOT BUY A CLUB MEMBERSHIP FROM THEM - that is just my personal advise
A  16th of Jul, 2009 by
we got scammed by REAL club as well in april 2009. we found a law firm on line - Gonzalez and Gonzalez- who specializes in vacation scams. Cindy from the firm as well as the lawyers were fantastic! they spoke to me about our expereinces for about 15 minutes, and gave me options on what to do using them ($$) - as well as the option to pursue it myself (free). the advice was free, and generously given. for service- their fees are very reasonable. overall - our vacation package was $28, 000- of which 8, 000 was put on our credit card while in Mexico. we were able to recoup all of this except 1, 200 (we agreed to pay the non-refundable processing fee, and reimburse them for 5 "free" days at their resort while we were in Cancun) the lawyers fees were $1600. all in all we recouped 90% of our money. it was an expensive lession- but it could have been much worse. i highly recomend anyone caught in one of these scams- contact Cindy at Gonzalez and Gonzalez . here is their contact information:

Cindy Sandoval

Gonzalez & Gonzalez Law Firm

Phone: (714) 277 3662

Fax: (714) 442 1654

Email: csandoval@gonzalezgonzalezlawfirm.com

Web: www.GonzalezGonzalezLawFirm.com
A  13th of Jun, 2010 by
To All -
Please be caution about signing a contract with Real Club Timeshare. My wife and I have bad experience with them. All they gave us verbally was not in the contract and considering to be lie. Read the contract carefully before put your signature there. There is a statement in the contract saying that everything given you verbally is not the subject of this contract. You have 5 business days to cancel it and PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY COMPLEMENTARY SERVICE, or you will have an issue to get back your down payment. They will refuse the refund because of using one of the service (see section 14 and 16 of the contract). When canceling the contract make sure your canceletion request letter have a signature of a real club rep. with the date when he received it. Make a copy and keep it for your reference. It will help you in case the Real Club denies your request for the refund and you file a dispute for this charge with your credit card company. Good Luck!
N  2nd of Jan, 2014 by
I know how you feel, and it seems like this is a common problen in Mexico. I purchased a travel program through Sandos Playacar at Royal Elite Timeshare Resort in Playa del Carmen last March and I requested to cancel within the 5 day grace period but they still have not refunded my down payment of over $9000 US dollars. I have been in touch with people there and they say they are working the process but it takes time. It has now been almost 5 months and I am losing faith they will ever pay me back. This is another forum with more complaints about this company:

I believe we should do something about it, as I understand Mexican regulations forbid the offering of gifts, free vacation certificates or any other promotion strategies without informing the consumer the specific purpose of the offer. I want to complaint with PROFECO about this, and get my money back