Real Canadian Superstore / terrible customer service

Duncan, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
3.95
Twice I have had to deal with a so called manager in this store by the name of Andrea and have had appalling service and attitude from her on both occassions with the latest one being today. We were purchasing an item that had a sign attached to it clearing stating that the cashier would take 50% off the total at the till, when the item scanned at the full price we questioned her on it and she called for this Andrea who then proceeded to tell us that it didn't matter what the sign said they were not going to give the reduced price. I asked her why they don't honor posted signage and she turned and walked away from us without giving an answer. This was the second dealing we have had with her and have had the same result both times, when she is faced with having to give an intelligent answer and make a customer happy she turns and runs. Why this store feels that she is helping to keep customers is beyond me. The Duncan store has just lost a customer who spends over $500. a month.

Comments

Je
  14th of Jul, 2009
The trouble is sad and simple all at the same time. The store on average will do (depending on the area, of course) anywhere from $150, 000 or more in sales a day.. a DAY.. so when somebody comes in saying they spend $500 a month and that they just lost their business- the store laughs.. Some store managers will go out of their way to make sure the costumer leaves happy. some managers dont know how to talk to people. those types of people shouldn't be in a costumer service job.
Na
  28th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Technically speaking, the tag/sign of the item is only an "invitation to treat". Therefore the store does not have to be responsible for putting the wrong tag. Because all the final decisions are made at the cashier (when the cashier OFFERS the customer a total cost, and the customer ACCEPT the offer).
Se
  21st of Sep, 2009
Im a cashier at the superstore and You know what?...Do you really think we really care if u come back?? 99% of the time people "Well I'm never shopping here again/coming back"! but yet the next day or the next week there they are shopping at the store..lol...WHO REALLY CARES! Most customers who complain just treat us like crap any way so we dont care if u come back...If you say your not coming back then REALLY dont come back!!
Ma
  14th of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
Had Made an appointment to take photo's with my two children ages 5 and 3 and had called 2 days prior. We went during our appointment session and Rob from photo studio (Superstore, London ont, on Oxford) couldn't find our names regarding the appointment we had scheduled. He Hummed and awed and completely not my error nor my problem for that matter. Not even 5 minutes has passed and another customer walks in with her two children, and said sorry ma’am since I myself booked in these people weeks ago I'm taking them in first. I was so livid and shocked that he approached me in that manner and didn't even apologize for any inconvenience ignored that fact that I was there with my two children. I asked to speak to a Manager who was completely useless and Rob and I had argued in front of the manager and I looked at the Manager and said "Do you call this customer service"? Of course he was speechless and did nothing to make the situation better. Unbelievable service. Very disgusted with their service and definitely will not shop there or have my photo's taken.
Lo
  23rd of May, 2010
Stores don't give two [censor] whether you come back or not, most stores make over a million a week, a dozen of you is hardly going to shake that balance.
Wo
  29th of Apr, 2011
Yeah man I work there too and half the time people are just not nice when it comes to that. And I usually just think, if you aren't going to be calm and atleast try to be friendly, Im not helping you. And you're getting your change in quarters..
Ut
  4th of May, 2011
FYI -Storebrand Coffee Filters
Canada Safeway 450 basket filters $5.99
Wal-Mart 250 " " 2.47
Superstore 250 " " 5.99

Guess whose I did not purchase. Please check prices when shopping instead of extra time returning items after. Really sorry I even shop in there, also not very clean!
Em
  6th of May, 2011
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
MY MOM SAID IF YOU TREAT PEOPLE WITH RESPECT YOU GET RESPECT BACK. SO ALOT OF CUSTOMERS TREAT SUPERSTORE STAFF LIKE ### SO OT GOSE BOTH WAYS, IF THEY ASK IF WORK IN THAT DEPARTMENT AND SAY NO THEY GET ALL MAD SO, AND I SEE ALOT OF CUSTOMERS GET ON WAY FOR THE ONES WHO BRING CARTS IN LIKE HELLO DIDNT YOU JUST WALK BY THEM, CANT BRING YOUR OWN IN, YOU CAN BRING BACK WAY OUT THERE BUT NOT GET OWN BE FOR COME IN STORE, I DONT GET JUST PLAIN LAZY
Ej
  9th of Sep, 2012
Compared to Save-On and Safeway, Superstore Is a disaster in it's customer service and quality of products. I ended up in a loud argument with the manager et al over the price of cat chow as displayed on the label. The description on the label did not specify that the price related to one of the products and not the others that were on the same shelf and that were made by the same company.
a
Apparently I was supposed to be able to read see the bar code or the number (on the lowest shelf), on the labels to see that there was a difference in price. And then, the ensuing argument with the manager, who would not accept any responsibility for the inadequate signage on the shelf. Had the same situation arisen in either Save-on or Safeway, their manager would have defused the conflict in the customer's favor. I have seen both these companies resolve pricing conflicts in such a professional and customer courteous manner. Not so, Superstore. Their managers must be trained to fight customers to the death rather than give up a few dollars. What a terrible attitude! It's not worth the few dollars you might save on a few items by shopping at Superstore. I have had one too many horrible shopping experiences in Superstore.
Ti
  24th of Jun, 2014
Why do you people shop at stuperstore just dont shop there, boycott them, its really that simple. pay a little more and shop elsewhere trust me I have already I even find walmart customer service better and thats saying something. Safeway iga sobeys save on are light years ahead of all lablows owned stored and superstore, I am in vancouver and I avoid my local grandview highway superstore like the plague.
Re
  27th of Feb, 2016
Feb 27th, at 6:18 pm, store 01577, term Z0157714, Slip # 469500, Reg # 14.

When we approached the cashier, she was reading a magazine. She processed our order and we had to ask for a bag. She continued to read the magazine as we were paying with our debit. I work in retail and I do not believe in customer service like we received tonight. She was more interested in the magazine which should be on the counter for customers to buy and not being read when she is being paid.
Ca
  26th of Nov, 2017
I've always been at the understanding that if they don't give you something at the price advertised, you get your money back in full. It's happened to me twice now at this store and they refunded me the price in total.

Real Canadian Superstore Logo Real Canadian Superstore