Reading Bridal Outlet / Bad business practice

1 Reading, OH, United States Review updated:

Whatever you do, DO NOT go to Reading Bridal Outlet in Ohio to buy your wedding gown or anything wedding related. You will be so frustrated and angry because the owner, Erin lies to you and you will not get your things in a timely fashion. It took 8 months for my simple, wedding dress to come in and Erin never told me what was going on. She always had excuses. I had to call one of her vendors to find out what was going on and found out that she ordered my dress and it was damaged etc. They had to reorder it. I was freaking out because I had 4 weeks until my wedding and still had to get alterations. I had to threaten Erin that if she didn't get my dress by a certain date, then I wanted a full refund. She didn't like that very much. She comes off as a very nice lady, but turns out to be dishonest and not a person you want to do business with. So, If you want a wedding gown, please go somewhere else so you don't have to go through what I did!

Va

Comments

• La
      11th of Aug, 2008

I totally support these comments. I too had a horrible experience with Erin at Reading Bridal. Excuse after excuse, then I find out after locating her vendor that my dress was not due in until the week of my wedding. Had to find another dress 4 weeks before the wedding along with a similar looking Maid of Honor dress because that didn't come in either. Fiance' (now husband) had to camp out in front of her shop until she showed up, and accompanied her to her bank to get a full refund in CASH because we simply could not trust this woman.

I am sorry to say that she is still operating- hopefully posts like these will keep others from a bad experience.

• Di
      30th of May, 2009

I had an unpleasant experience with Erin at Reading Bridal Outlet. I purchased a wedding dress and veil in the fall and was told to expect my dress in 5-7 months. After 7 months of anxious waiting and no word, I spend a week calling the shop, left a voice mail and wrote an e-mail, all with no answer. Since I live a distance from the Cincinnati, I even asked the bridal shop down the street to look in and see if the store is vacant. It was closed on a weekday, and my friend that went dress shopping in the bridal district on a Saturday also said it was closed when she tried to go there.
    Finally I Google the store to see if any information has changed, only to find these other complaints. I also got in touch with Erin's vendor and found out that she ordered the dress two days after I was in the store and that they sent her the dress THE SAME DAY she ordered it over 7 months ago. I was able to get in touch with Erin that same afternoon, and all she said was that she would "know something Monday." Where has my dress been all this time? Used as a sample? Sold to someone else after she purchased it with my money? I will never know.
    After this point I didn't trust anything she said and didn't want my wedding dress to be from such an establishment. I was glad I paid with credit card rather than any other form of payment, since it gave me some kind of recourse in my situation. I didn't want to risk her sending me the dress and it being damaged in any way or the wrong size/color...or counting on her to send me the dress at all.
    Erin was extremely nice and helpful in the store, but not honest in the end. She is not a member of the Better Business Bureau and there are complaints against her filed there as well. Brides beware.

• Br
      20th of Aug, 2009

I agree with all of you. I ordered my dress 7 months prior to the wedding. She strung me along with promises and lies until most of the dress (not the matching shawl or bag) finally showed up 4 DAYS before the wedding, and she had actually ordered the dress a size too small. I trusted her judgement in what size I should have worn, only to find a size chart on her website later that indicated that with the measurements that SHE took, the next bigger size should have been ordered. What, I ask you, can ANY tailor do with a too small dress in 4 DAYS? I fasted, and took some probably unhealthy diet pills, and was able to squeeze myself into this incredibly tight, uncomfortable dress, and so long as I didn't try to move or laugh or breathe, I made it work. I had to get some material to make a makeshift shawl with, since I had to cover up my back fat which squeezed out the top of my too small dress. This really was unfortunate, because the back of the dress was gorgeous. My tailor had to cut material off the bottom of the dress to lengthen the laces up the back enough to actually go through all of the eyelets, though. I wish I had read this before I ordered from this fly by night operation. She also had the nerve to try to give me a used, soiled, stained, ripped and much too large slip in place of the one that I actually ordered. I should have sued her. This was the only negative to an otherwise wonderful wedding. Thanks Erin, for making me hate every picture that was taken of me on my wedding day. I don't know how this place stays in business, other than the fact that she requires all the money up front. BRIDES BEWARE!!!

22nd of May, 2012

you all are so mean! that's MY mom you're talking about!! i worked with her for 5 years at that store! what you're saying is completely wrong! it's funny that you say all this stuff. this just proves how ignorant people are.