Reading America / fraudulent/scam

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8778551115

This is my third entry for today being 1/19/11 I already filed a formal complaint aganist Reading America with the BBB of Atlanta.
I attempted to call back Erica from Reading America at the number she provided me which is [protected] EXT. 2020 and again rec'd an automated voice telling me that I need to call during regular business hours between 8- 10pm EST. I then for the hell of it tried [protected] a menu came up. No identifying company name just a menu i immediately pressed 1 for the operator whose name is Linda. I asked to speak with Erica at Ext 2020 since she has been leaving me several messages to call her. I immediately was given to the manager despite me requesting to speak with this Erica person. A Mr. Russell came on the line and abruptly asked me my name, I told him I wanted to speak with Erica at Ext 2020 and he insisted that he is the manager and he would help me but he needs my name I provided my name and he began to blurt out a bunch of false claims he then told me that my account was in collections because I did not pay for the Jan 2011 magazines (8) that i did not order of 44.94..I told him he is not going to get paid and i did not authorize this order and reported my credit card lost and i will not be paying for something i do not want...I then went to state about what i found when i looked up reading america online and he hung up on me...This company is fraud and so are the workers I hope the BBB of Atlanta does something about this. My account is in collections for alleged 1 month payment of 44.94 for 8 magazines i did not order. They are insane there and even though I can not afford to call GA. I just may call the BBB today on this one...I will not be treated like this by a place of losers and immoral people...Lindapenwny!

Comments

• Sh
      4th of Mar, 2011

I recently was scammed and complained to the Atlanta section of BBB and had everything straightened out. The BBB contacted Reading America and they cancelled my subscription and gave me my money back. It can be frustrating trying to cancel this stupid subscription! I spent hours on the phone with Reading America and they were very rude to me.

File a report with the BBB Atlanta at http://atlanta.bbb.org/consumers/

If it worked for me it can work for you!!