readers source / receiving magazine I did not order, then the calls!

1 Castroville, CA, United States Review updated:

I was receiving a magazine and did not order it. No bill...nothing. wondering why I was getting it and whom would send it to me. I just recently received a phone call from this number [protected] which when I called it back was receiving as a fax. She identified herself as being from Readers Source, then mentioned that she was not collecting any money today, but wanted to know about the magazine I was getting. I told her yes I was getting it but did not order it and to cancel it right away. She asked if I was getting other magazines and asked her which ones? It was no magazine that I subscribe to. I ask her if they were paid for. She then hung up. I don't know what to think. DOes someone know what is going on?

Pa

Comments

• Di
      9th of May, 2009

I recieved a call today. Askking me how I like my maganzines. I ask them I have never heard of there company. THe name of there company is READER SOURCES. They tried to say. I have already paid $69.99 twice, I still have one more payment. I told them I would not pay that much for magazines for a year. $69.99 times 3 is about $210.00 a year for maganzines. THe gimmit here was she says we will charge your last payment of 49.99. Than she ask me for my credit card number, starting with a Visa number. I told her which visa did I use, can you give the last four digest. She said, she couldnt, but you can give me your debit/visa number. I told her I do not give anyone my debit credit card number over the phone. I didn't sign a contact with you. She started argueing with me. I told her to cancel my maganizes, she said I was breaking their contact. I told her I did not sign a contact with them, not even verbally. READER SOURCES CALLED ME!!! I told her if she didnn't cancel my magnazines I am going to call my Lawyer. There was a quick hang up. I sure was upset at first. Now I feel better, and not going to let a company take advantage of me. The number that called my house today was 720-263-4510. I did not have a chance to tell them to take me off there list. Everyone please becareful. Money is hard to come by. I am a disable woman, on a fixes income.
    Diane H
    Sun City, Ca

• Cr
      16th of Jul, 2009

I have also been harassed by people from Reader's Source. I have never ordered magazines from this company. The reoccurring theme for every call is that their customers are being harassed by other companies calling and duplicating orders. Every time I start to ask for more information I am hung up on. I tried calling the number from which I was called and it goes to voicemail.

A few months ago I did start receiving magazines I had never ordered. Magazines I would never subscribe to. For instance, Parents. I am not a parent now or will I be in the near future.

Is there any way to get them to stop calling? If I don't answer they continue to call. I have had about 10 missed calls from them in addition to the 10 I have actually answered in order to try to figure out what is going on.