Readers Publication Services / Checks has been cashed, publications never received!

I thought I was renewing a magazine subscription for my daughter for Soap Opera Digest because a renewal invoice arrived from Readers publications. My 2 checks for 34.97 each were cashed by Readers Publication Service. Call are unanswered at the Readers Publications office as I try to inquire why SOD has not received my renewal and has not heard of this service. I too, believe that I have been scammed. Is there any recourse for us?

A  19th of Mar, 2007 by
I received a authentic appearing invoice for renewal of Soap Opera Digest. I sent them a check for $114.00 which was cashed. Three months later, I was receiving notices that my subscription was going to be terminated due to non-payment. Today, I received another invoice from Readers Publication Services asking for $69.94 to renew my subscription! Anyone with a complaint against this fraudulent company should report it to the Better Business Bureau of Washington DC & Eastern PA.
A  21st of Mar, 2007 by
I renewed Golf Mag. in Dec 2005. Sent a check for $59.86. Never got Magazine and Golf Mag never heard of them. Finally tracked them down and asked for refund in Dec 2006. Was told I would get it in 6-8weeks. Didn't get it and called on 6Mar2007 was told two weeks. Didn't get it. Called today Mar21. Was told the company had switched banks and hadn't gotten the blank checks yet. Didn't know when I would get refund. I have been run around for months. This company is a fraud. I will hound them until I die or get my refund.
A  26th of Mar, 2007 by
I get their renewal notices all the time. The last one said it was URGENT and that my account was seriously delinquent and that I would be turned over to a collection agency.

This company is a HUGE FRAUD! I didn't subscribe to Soap Opera Digest through them and I don't know how they got my name.

I do get that magazine, but not through them, and I pay for them up front and in full, so there is no way I can be late on a "payment".

I am going to send this to the Better Business Bureau and anybody else who will listen.

If you get their notices in the mail...DON'T PAY THEM!
N  29th of Oct, 2007 by

Readers Publication Services - subscription payment not applied

I received a notice from Readers Publication Services that my subscription to Country Living Magazine was due to expire in Dec 2007. I mailed a check payable to RPS in the amount of $48.00 to renew my subscription for two years. My check cleared the bank on June 21, 2007 and the money was never forwarded to Country Living.

I have a copy of the cancelled check with the following endorsement:

I will be notifying my State Attorney General if this isn't resolved.
A  12th of Dec, 2007 by
I have read all of the other comments posted here and couldn't agree more. I have been getting notices from them for years, and have told my wife to ignore them, as do I. My wife subscribes to Soaps in Depth magazine, and whenever I pay this one, I submit it directly to the magazine. It's interesting to see the other kinds of magazines they are getting people's names from. I had the intention of complaining to the PA Attorney General on this, but never seem to get the time. I came across one of their phony bills and decided to do a web search on them.

Here's the trickery they try with me. They send an authentic looking invoice with the magazine name on it. They always show that I have made a partial payment (which I have not) just to try to entice me to think this is bona fide. They keep fishing, but I'm not biting, and from what I read hear, I'm glad I haven't! What a fraud! They should find the people responsible and lock them away for a while.

By the way, I think this scam is closely related to phone calls I used to get about "subscriptions" and they were phishing for information. When they asked me for my SSN though, I got defensive. When I pressed them for what subscriptions they were calling about, they answered with a vague "you know, the ones you receive at your door". I got one call from New Mexico, then months later from Georgia like this. I feel sorry for all of their unsuspecting victims, especially the elderly who may think this is legitimate.

What a bunch of crooks! If you have sent them any money, I wouldn't wait. Contact your attorney general now!