Readers Digest / Pepsi Co. / prize money

1 7701 legacy dr.Plano, TX, United States Review updated:

Received a letter from Pepsi Co., co sponsorship with Readers Digest located in Plano Texas stating my wife has won the grand prize of one million dollars. Inside is a check for $5400.00 to cover any outstanding fees that have not been paid by Pepsi Co. directly. Before she is to cash this check, she is supposed to contact a Mr. Ron Pittsfield, a representative, phone No. [protected] ext. #1. with the prize claim #. This check is a citibank check, drawn from Strategic Focus Cities in New York city, New York. This enveloped my wife received appears to have come from Canada. I thought I should pass this on and make your Company aware!

Sincerely Armando Romo

Ar

Comments

17th of Sep, 2007
    Readers digest - Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky!
    www.rd.com/rd1/surprise/

Yea. I won a surprise gift. That is what the card read that came with my latest copy of Readers Digest. I hurried to my computer. Free surprise OPPORTUNITY reads the screen. What a sneaky way to solicit for the CD Club. Two free CD's and then one every 6-8 weeks that I can purchase. SNEAKY SNEAKY SNEAKY. I am disappointed with the sneaky tactics to get someone to join a CD or book club.

• De
      22nd of Feb, 2008
    Toyota / Readers Digest - No place to enter access code
    Alberta
    Canada

I received a card in the mail to enter to win a Lexus Sedan worth $60,000. I tried to find a place to enter my access code number but cannot find one.

• Da
      19th of Mar, 2008
    Readers Digest Free Surprise - what a surprise! no surprise!
    Readers Digest Canada
    RR#5 Landslide Road
    Sault Ste. Marie
    Phone: 705-942-4169
    www.rd.ca/surprise

For the first time I actually logged on to a site offering a free prize. I picked Readers Digest because I have always felt that this was an honest upfront company. Boy was I wrong!!!
    I logged on as a "preferred subscriber" as directed to claim my "free surprise". Well it only took 15 seconds to discover that the surprise was that there was NO SURPRISE!

This will be the last time I log into one of these sites, and as for Readers Digest, their reputation has just taken a major nosedive in my books.
    In addition I'll be spreading this "good news".

Signed
    A formerly happy subscriber

• Lo
      22nd of Apr, 2008
    Ipodtouches 16gb - Reader digest contest.
    Canada

I have received a card to go online for a chance to win a 16 GB ipod touch from Readers Digest and I cannot find a contest on this website to enter my pin# This is so frustrating and dissapointing.I was thourghly hoping to win this ipod., but was very dissapointed

• Dk
      27th of Apr, 2008
    Readers Digest & Money - did not authorize or order
    TWX
    2322 Strait Ln. 77084
    Houston
    Texas

I have been trying unsuccessfully for several months to be reimbursed for a Reader's Digest order debited from my bank account without authorization, but with no success. Now a few days ago they hit my account for 27.00 for a magazine called Money also not ordered or authorized. Calling the number that shows up on the bank account is just a machine no help at all. The Reader's Digest charge was for 24.99. I would really appreciate any help in getting this straitened out, & the money returned to my bank account. I even had posted a message with my bank NOT to allow this company to help themselves to my money, but that didn't help much because they still allowed the last charge for Money.

28th of Apr, 2008
    Readers Digest Ipod Site - No site for ipod draw
    Regina
    Saskatchewan
    Canada

Why are there so many people complaining about this there is no place on site to enter this zi - pod contest, my entry # is 65976. Hope this is not a way to give my personal info to anyother web site

• Sh
      29th of Apr, 2008

It's funny that the comments are all the same and this is not the first time this kind of thing has happened to me. Hey Carol Brennen---my winning number 65976 the same as yours!!! If we win do you want odd or even days when we have to share...The way this "Contest" is run is totally unacceptable in my opinion. A scam it may be...

2nd of May, 2008
    Readers Digest Contests Online - Readers Digest online contests
    British Columbia
    Canada

Every contest readers' Digest comes out with, that has to be entered on computer - there is no such entry site. I have even write a letter to them to complain. Here is another one: go online to www.rd.ca/ipodtouch. No such place. What a rip off. Don't issue contests if they don't exist - turns people off your magazine.

11th of May, 2008

no such site

31st of May, 2008
    Rd. Ca. / Ipodtouch - online draws
    5137 Acres Trace
    Beamsville
    Phone: 905-563-0446

Sorry RD but putting out chances to win online but having no such site is misleading and discouraging to your faithful customers. We have more to do than following red tape that leads nowhere.

• Pi
      2nd of Jun, 2008

Worst customer service, i hv ever seen. No one is picking up the call, tried thousand times on diff. numbers provided on RD website, even the no. given for Erick D'Souza (Nation head), no one is responding. E-mailed more than a dozen times on all the Id's available on the website with the same result, no response... Rcvd the 2008 dairy, but no rcvd a single copy of RD yet.

This is the worst customer service...

plz let me know a single way to contact the ### RD customer service.

• Ro
      6th of Jun, 2008
    Readers Digest / Suprise - free prize
    8179 CAMP ST
    Douglasville
    Georgia
    Phone: 7709497074
    www.rd.com/surprise

if the gift is free why do i have to subscribe to get more books first i do not want to subscribe to any other but
    reader's digest

22nd of Jul, 2008
    Readers Digest Magazine
    39 Wellington St. #203
    St. Thomas
    Phone: 519-633-4295

This is the second contest I've tried to enter through R.D and could not connect to either one. To me this is poor advertising and a waste of my time. I'm losing faith in R.D. and their contests quickly.

29th of Jul, 2008
    Readers Digest Magazine - poor customer service

I rec'd a card in the mail to enter a code for a chance to win money and the web. site that it states on the card is not found. What is readers digest doing sending these cards out with no place on the internet to enter said code.

16th of Aug, 2008
    Readers Digest - double subscription
    4427 County Rd. 29, R.R. # 2
    Lakefield
    Phone: 705-652-6335

I had a subscription, bought and paid for, THEN, because of my own recklessness, when one of the things for entering your contest came, (if I ordered a subscription) thinking my subscription must have been nearly over, (don't keep track of those things very well knowing you will remind me, I ordered, to get into the draw. THEN, I started to get 2 subscriptions at once. I found the phone # somewhere and spoke to a very nice young man who understood perfectly, AND, he just added the newest subscription to the one I was already recieving.
    NOW, a few days ago, I recieved the 2 duplicate magazines again. I contacted someone by e-mail and asked them to once again SORT IT OUT. Yesterday, Friday 15th, I recieved a message on my answering service that there had been some mistake and one of my subscriptions had been cancelled. I could not hear very well, my answering machine is cheap and doesn't work very well, HENCE, I keep following thru with the contests to try to win. Now, it just so happens when I recieved the last message, I was sitting at the kitchen table going thru the lastest contest, AND, LOW AND BEHOLD, I could enter if I placed another order. HELP ME

• Po
      23rd of Sep, 2008
    Reader's Digest
    Nova Scotia
    Canada

Don't bother to log on your computer to claim your free surprise gift - it will be to subscribe to a book club (which I'm sure we all can't wait to do) and for just 24.99 + 6.99 (s&h) you can get another book every 2 months! Just more junk mail! No thanks!!!

• Rh
      21st of Oct, 2008

Not able to get gift-----SURPRISE-----

• Lm
      13th of Nov, 2008
    Gastonia
    North Carolina
    Phone: 704 864 2312

Check No. 6371 for 17.97 for renewal and 6 subscriptions has been cashed by you and cleared by BB&T. No word from you about the start of thse subscriptions. Was this a gimmick?

6th of Jan, 2009
    Readers Digest Best Health Mag - False Advertising and Failure to Respond to request to Cancel Subscription
    Readers Digest - Best Health
    Calgary
    Alberta
    Canada

I ordered the initial subscription of Best Health promoted by Readers Digest and RBC Visa. The offer also included a free "Weather Station" which was never received although I telephone the company at least twice and have forwarded 3 letters advising of my dis-satisfaction and that I did not wish to renew the subscription, upon the first subscription running out. My letters have been ignored, they continue to send invoices for payment for renewal, (which by the way the first subscription ends in May 2009. Their invoices state that I have accepted renewal when in fact I do have the written correspondence clearly instructing the company that I do not wish to renew. I am sure that RBC Visa will not wish to be associated with this group once I notify of the false advertising.

With this experience, I will not subscribe to or purchase any further products from Readers Digest, who used to have a credible reputation.

C. Leite
    cleiteprof@shaw.ca

• Am
      20th of Mar, 2009
    Magazinepit / Body & Soul, Batman, Readers Digest - Magazines subscription
    MagazinePit.com

It is incredible how people like me pay $52.99 for magazine subscription and company like Magazinepit get the money use the method ( you have to wait 12 week) to receives the the magazine and NOTHING.
    Wow my daughter waiting too.

Amado Viera