Readers Digest / 3 free gifts

1 MO, United States Review updated:

See the readers digest complaint reports, of which there are many.
We receive a post card from Readers Digest with the BOLD offer "3 FREE GIFTS are waiting for you!" .
When I try to access this site I see a host of complaints but no direction.
What a SCAM.

Comments

• Da
      31st of Jan, 2009

No site exists!! If you are going place these contests for people to register, then you need to have a site to go to. We have been with Readers Digest for many years, and lately it has been more of a problem than it is worth. We may need to re-think our status with this company for magazines, books and entering contests. You need to make this fair for everyone and not a select few.

22nd of Feb, 2010

so whats the deal...what are the 3 freee gifts... Patti Love/ carewithlove@montana.com

thanks in advance for your prompt response.

22nd of Feb, 2010

so whats the deal...what are the 3 free gifts...Anne
    W. Fleming

• Nm
      27th of Feb, 2010

I just received my copy of Readers Digest. It came with a card to logon to readersdigest.com/3free, website and receive 3 free gifts. I do not see that website anywhere. Is this a scam? Why do they send this card if they can not send the 3 free gifts?

• Rk
      23rd of Mar, 2010

I too rec'd my new subscription to Reader's Digest along with a card to logon to readersdigest.com/3free website. No direction on where to go, just complaints. Not to mention, it's the middle of March and I received the February issue!

You guys gotta get it together!
    rkieffer

• Ca
      29th of Mar, 2010

I don't understand why you bother to offer such a thing and then bring us to this page where it is all the complaints about the offer is a shame! Why on earth are you even spending the money to send a card saying "free gifts", when there turns out to be nothing but a complaint page?????????

• Sc
      3rd of Apr, 2010

The scam is not perpetrated by Reader's Digest. IT IS A SCAM BY SOMEONE PRETENDING TO BE FROM THEM! Use your heads, people!!!

• Gb
      5th of Apr, 2010

The scam IS from Reader's Digest when it has my account number on it, and came inside the clear wrapper around the magazine!

• Ly
      8th of Apr, 2010

WHAT 3 FREE GIFTS??????????????????????????????????

• Rt
      10th of Apr, 2010

If by "gifts" they mean: annoyance, aggravation and irritation, then I suppose I did get my 3 free gifts

• Gl
      21st of Oct, 2010

where are the free gifts i didnt even send for the readers diigest, so whats up with that.

• Gr
      25th of Jan, 2011

It is for an offer for 3 free items if you sign up for this: Please send me my FREE book and my FREE bonus thank you gift and enroll me in Select Editions. I understand that both gifts are mine to keep FREE, without obligation to buy future volumes, just for trying Select Editions. I will then receive a new book every 2 to 3 months for just $21.98 plus $5.99 delivery and state tax, if any. If I'm not completely satisfied, I may cancel at any time simply by notifying Reader's Digest. No minimum number of books to buy.

• Re
      6th of Feb, 2011

Yes I just received my "3 FREE GIFTS' card with my March 2011 magazine. But can not pull up the site they said to go to. What gives? Also, surely you can see that you are sending two magazines to the same person/address. And charging for both also...

• Pa
      8th of Feb, 2011

This is the second time happen to me about something free from this magazine. That's it, no more subscription to Reader's Digest magazine.

• Pa
      8th of Feb, 2011

Readers Digest, did it again. but is going to be the last time I subscribe with them!!!

• Wi
      11th of Feb, 2011

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP ON THE BOGUS THREE GIFTS. READERS DIGEST USED TO BE HONEST FORTHRIGHT COMPANY. HAS CORPORATE GREED FINALLY GOT TO RD ? NO MORE SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR ME.

• La
      14th of Feb, 2011

where are the free gifts ! What a scam.

• La
      14th of Feb, 2011

Where are the free gifts posted ! What a scam.

• Gr