RD.com / Surprise / How do I know what surprise is mine!

I received a card stating a free surprise gift is waiting for you and when I went to the www.rd.com/surprise, I was confused and don't understand how to get to the surprise and the more I think about it, how do I know what surprise is mine, there was no number or code for me to put in, my name, etc.

Help smb!

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Ro
      18th of Aug, 2010

DITTO TO ALL OF THE ABOVE!
    py_meade@yahoo.com

• Do
      8th of Mar, 2010

i dont understand what to do to receive this 3 free gifts for my dad.so please call me and walk me through it so he can get his free gifts, my home number is 217-923-5121.thank you for your time. joe brassard sr

• Si
      30th of Sep, 2009

The "Free Surprise Gift" on mine was ... get 4 books free if you join a bookclub...just proves the old adage "Aint nothing in life free".

• Ju
      14th of Jul, 2009

same herer nothing free to good to be true wanted me to buy some books

• Be
      24th of Jun, 2009

i want my surprise that is mine

• Rs
      22nd of Jun, 2009

I don't see anything about a free gift, all I see is complaints. I am always leary about free gifts. I certainly didn't expect to see something of this sort from Readers Digest.
    R. Sanford

• Ke
      11th of May, 2009

I was helping out my grandson's school by offering the reader's digest, inside was a card that said "Free surprise for you" but I haven't seen nothing. I won't order the readers digest again, because they lied about a free surprize.

Brenda Mahoney
    Winfield, Ala

• Su
      10th of Apr, 2009

Thank you for contacting Reader's Digest.

We are very sorry that you are having trouble with getting to our Surprise site. The problem you are experiencing could be the result of attempts to visit the website from an internet search engine such as Google or MSN. If you have not done so already, you may want to try typing the web address into the “address” field of your web browser instead of the keyword search field of a search engine.

The surprise gift being offered is a free, introductory volume to our Select Editions series. Each Select Edition volume contains four of today’s best sellers skillfully edited and bound into one book.

If you wish to obtain your gift, please try this alternate web address, https://www.rd.com/offer/bhe/se_free/ . Please know that requesting the free volume starts the order for the series; cancelable at any time, of course.
    I sent a complaint to reader digests editors and customer service and this is the second response i got after i when to the right sight and realize, it was still a scam not a free gift without any catch 22.

• Gw
      4th of Apr, 2009

I just received my free surprise gift card. Went to website. After reading fine print realized it's a free book and whatever surprise gift they want to give you (probably a coupon) and you will automatically be signed up to get one of these (free books every 2 to three months at a cost of $???. It's a scam to get you to be automatically subscribed to another series of books. What a bunch of crock!! Class action, false advertising.

14th of Feb, 2009

It is time to STOP diseption! Don't include a card, "Free Gift" that is not ligitament. Honesty is the best policy. It should apply with anything to do with your magazine, including cards included in the magazine. I find it hard to believe such action and may have to consider if I continue to get and/or send Reader's Digest any more. We have taken the magazine for over forty years. SHAME ON YOU!

14th of Feb, 2009

It amazes me that the Reader's Digest hassunk to this level. I would never have expected them to send a "Free Gift" card and then not honor it! It HAS been a trust worthy magazine and with music and books; however, I have to question how realiable you are. Does this fall over into other divisions of your company? Please answer!

• Do
      9th of Feb, 2009

I agree with the complaints! I went to the site (got there after trying 3 tool bars!!) Saw abig box with ribbons, and a message that said "log on below" THERE WAS NO PLACE TO LOG ON BELOW!!!

If I am really a "preferred subscriber", why not just send me a free gift as a Thank You. (no strings attatched).

After reading all the complaints from other subscribers, I need to really consider renewing my subscription.

• Re
      9th of Feb, 2009

I to just received my free gift card, that is a free nothing card. I suppose the surprise is that there is absolutley nothing being offered. What is that all about. I really thought Readers Digest had more class than that.

• Gl
      7th of Feb, 2009

i agree with everyone that wrote.you rd may lose another customer.

• Di
      26th of Jan, 2009

I Just don't get it? Truly??!! Diana Michaels

• Ju
      13th of Nov, 2008

I even had my Reader's Digest subscription forwarded with my last move. This letter go to site(www.rd.comsurprise ), came with my first magazine-book. Several atempts and still nothing but e-bay site. Is this just a misprint? What is Reader's Digest telling everyone else about this? Please reply with any answere they've give you.

• Wa
      5th of Nov, 2008

My "surprise gift" card came with my December Readers Digest magazine. This is the third time I've received this notice but to no avail. What is the reason for this?

• Re
      3rd of Nov, 2008

Stop sending me bills for Sundays at Tiffany's.I did not order it nor have I rec'd it. Back in May I ordered the Readers Digest magazine for $10.00 check #556, and that's all. I receive the magazine and WILL NOT be renewing my subscription. STOP HARASSING ME.

• Le
      28th of Oct, 2008

This is regarding a subscription notice received in July, 2008. It offered a renewal rate of 19.98 for one year. I was to get a free gift subscription for a friend or relative. If I sent a check along with the notice and included a coupon, I could get a second free subscription.

I mailed my check #4206 on July 23, 2008.

Why am I now receiving another "savings voucher" for my renewal?

Please inform me what is the date my subscription ends. I am very confused.

L.Pascoe

• Rd
      14th of Oct, 2008

my subscription expired and RD continued to send me 8 more months of magazines. They are now sending me statements for collection. I did not extend my subscription, I find this practice in poor standing for Reader's Digest.