RD.com / Surprise / How do I know what surprise is mine!

I received a card stating a free surprise gift is waiting for you and when I went to the www.rd.com/surprise, I was confused and don't understand how to get to the surprise and the more I think about it, how do I know what surprise is mine, there was no number or code for me to put in, my name, etc.

Help smb!

Comments

• Ly
      18th of Apr, 2007

I agree, when i got my readers digest it came with a card that said a surprise gift is waiting for you.and to go to www.rd.com/surprise which i did and it sent you to ebay etc. Then if you go to the readers digest it is all about getting a subscription to the magazine.

Nothing is ever simple you always have to do something before you get something but in this case it didn't even tell you what you were getting. I think it is a scam as well. It is all about getting more money!!! Always.

Myself i have and my whole family has been getting the readers digest for yrs and every yr i get the digest for my older kids. I may never do that again.

• Fr
      19th of Apr, 2007

I agree with the other writers.

I got a card from Reader's Digest telling me I had a free surprise gift waiting for me and when I went to the website, I ended up on ebay. Boy, was I surprised!

• Be
      23rd of Apr, 2007

Like many others who subscribe to Readers Digest, I received a care with my book, telling me there was a free surprise gift waiting for me at www.rd.com/surprise. There is nothing there. Please reply, and tell me what is going on. I have subscribed to your Digest for many years, but if I don't hear from you, and you have an answer for me, you will be losing more than just one subscriber.

• Ny
      24th of Apr, 2007

I totally agree with all of the above complaints!!! I have received several cards with my books stating that i have received a free surprise gift for preferred subscriber. Of course i was excited, but at the same time wondering how will the site recognize me & give me the correct gift?

The way i see it, is , how special of a customer can i be to reader's digest, when in fact if anyone like a non-subscriber where to get their hands on this, and log on to the site they would receive the gift.

So how does that show us true reader's digest subscribers any real appreciation???!!!

Now, i must admit the first time i log on to the site.

It went very well, meaning i was able to access the site with ease, and a few weeks later i received my gift. The second time was not so easy it kept sending me to ebay & also a screen would pop up and read ( this page cannot be displayed). It took me two days to successfully access the site and i did get my free gift.

Today i received my book, of course with that special little card wrapped with it. I have been trying to access the site for over an hour & a half, but to no avail!!! Why in the world does the ebay site keep coming up??? What the heck does ebay have to do with reader's digest!!!

All in all, this is extremely annoying!!!

What do the reader's digest... "big... Wigs"... Plan on doing about this???!!! To satisfy their avid subscribers???

• Au
    RD.com - Mental abuse

I think readers digest is sending surprise gifts to women to make them feel stupid when they try to claim the surprise. I would like to contact a lawyer to sue readers digest for mental abuse.

• Fr

Can't find my free gift

• Wi
      27th of Apr, 2007

I have received a card stating that I have a surprise waiting for me at www.rd.com/surprise. I visited the site but was unable to find a place to register for my gift. Y o have put this card in my Readers Digest before but am never able to find a place to register.

Disappointed,
    William Wolf

• Ka
      7th of May, 2007

This is one of the worst examples of poor customer relations I have encountered in a long time. I just came back to RD after a long absence. I can see some changes (for the worse) have taken place. I am VERY disappointed in the Readers Digest organization.

• Ge
      8th of May, 2007

Things offered like a free gift usually don't warrant the bother to even pursue. In this case, a person could not even reach the site. This confirms it is not worth anyones time to check out.

• Ju
      9th of May, 2007

Audrey - you need a brain to be a victim of mental abuse, which you lack

• Bi
      11th of May, 2007

Just deliver your magazine at the prices advertised and let other ballony go by the readers digest is one of the best magazines available and does not need a lot of advertising that is not useful or informative.

Bill Clark

• Ga
      12th of May, 2007

I agree 100% with all complaints. I myself will be reporting it as a SCAM. To the state of Maryland. I would like all of us to do the same!!!

Gail Fischer,
    charliehappydog1@verizon.net

We should become a network of people who were offered this surprise & file a CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST READERS DIGEST!!!

Tell me what you think about that.

Thank You, Have a great day, GOD BLESS

Confirmation code: 65947

• Mr
      12th of May, 2007

What do I need to do to see what my free surprise is?

• Su
      13th of May, 2007

This is the second time I have been invited to go to www.rd.com/surprise, and, again... nothing. What kind of a scam is this and why? If RD is not giving a gift, then why waste people's precious time hunting for a non existent site? Reader's Digest has been my favorite magazine for years and it is very disheartening to be flim-flammed by such a prestigious corporation. Shame on RD!!

14th of May, 2007

Over the past dozen or so past years RD has fallen in quality. Furthermore I keep receiving statements for books I neither want nor received. It appears as if RD as an organization is nothing more than a scam using the US Postal service as a vehicle for their carrier. Where are your Postal Inspectors?

15th of May, 2007

How long will you, (Readers Digest), continue to waste everyone's time with "/surprise"? Since there is nothing to be gained, you are, at the least, wasting paper with these STUPID cards.

16th of May, 2007

I would like to cancel my subscription to Reader's Hard To Digest and to receive full payment of the subscription price! I would also like to invite all fellow subscribers that tried to log on to www.rd.com/surprise to do the same. Here is some advice to Readers Digest, fire the person or persons who came up with this campaign. Or better yet, fire the one who approved it.

• Ca
      16th of May, 2007

To whom it may concern, I want to cancel my subscription as soon as possible. I have sent two notice to cancel with no response, and keep receiving notice's to pay.

Last year it was the same thing. Until finally I received threats to be sent to collection. I just payed the bill as to not effect my credit. "I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS AGAIN!" So please cancel this subscription. Account #0582499737.

• He
      18th of May, 2007

I agree! Maybe the only way to get their attention is to cancel the subscription.

• Eu
      21st of May, 2007

It is evident that, for some unknown reason, you have decided to find out how many complaints you are able to gather. This is not the way to arrive at such a question. Most people, and I am including myself, would just consider this as 'poor policy' and toss the notice into the trash and forget about it. This time, however, I feel that attempting to access www.rd.com/surprise was a crude attempt to see how many responses you would be able to receive. Well, count me as one and realize that there are many more who would not take the time to respond. I WAS ONE OF THOSE.