RCN / Denied Referral Credit
RCN offers business and residential customers a bonus for referring another business or residential customer who signs on with RCN for service.
I had both a residential referral and a business one. I spent months trying to chase down my bonus credit for the residential referral.
As a small business, the credit it to be equal to one month's bill, which is significant enough. I referred anothe small business, who became a client. They specifically mentioned my biz to the RCN rep several times, to be sure I got the credit. I didn't. I emailed, no response. I called, and was told to fill out a referral form online, but that form is for someone you want to refer, not someone you already did.
Six months have gone by and now I finally got RCN to answer an email - their responst - I"m "Not eligible' for the bonus becuase my account isn't in 'good standing'. It's not more than 30 days past due, it is sometimes a bit late (the cost of doing business in the present economy), but I have never failed to pay, or to call to say when payment would be made.
DON'T REFER ANYONE TO RCN! The 'referral bonus' is a joke, and frankly, a deceptive business practice!
More RCN Complaints & Reviews
- RCN - Worst service ever 
- RCN - Scam and cheating
- RCN - fraudulent billing practices
- RCN - Worst cable company in Boston
- RCN - RCN UPGRADE sucks! 
- [Resolved] RCN - bogus pricing, interruption of service
- RCN Cable - Charges for equipment returned
- RCN Cable - Stealing Money every month from accounts
- RCN - Practices 
- RCN Cable Internet - Unreliable internet speed