RCE/Konvict Muzik / During a Hip Hop Festival in California last week, Young Gab announced the title of his upcoming mixtape, &Paperboy.&

During a Hip Hop Festival in California last week, Young Gab announced the title of his upcoming mixtape, “Paperboy, ” which has positive reactions among rappers, and captured the attention of RCE/Konvict Muzik, who have been rumored to have a deal on the table. Young Gab's rise in the underground hip-hop scene is a success story. The artist, who has yet to officially release an album, has thrived by producing hot tracks for several signed artists. Young Gabs list of collaborations read like a who's who of hip-hop royalties.

Related links:

Zo

Comments

• Fu
      Aug 07, 2011
    RCE/Konvict Muzik - unveiled details about new 50/50 deal for Philadelphia artist Young Gab..
    New Penn

Cameras Out Entertainment has unveiled details about new 50/50 deal for Philadelphia artist Young Gab.

The rapper spoke with MTV yesterday and further explained why RCE/Konvict Muzik offer was more appealing to him than the 360 deals major labels are now offering.

"I'm just not a believer in a 360 deal. I feel like I can make my own money before I let a label come in a give me a 360 deal, " Young Gab said. "You don't have to give me a whole lot of upfront money to do a 360. I don't need that."

The unpopular 360 deal allows labels to get a piece of not only record sales, but touring and merchandising as well.

The 50/50 deal covers all overhead costs. Once Relevant Conduct Entertainment/Konvict Muzik recoups promo and recording costs, Young Gab splits all income from records 50/50 and doesn't have to share touring or merchandising.

Young Gab added that he just felt more comfortable dealing with his causin, Director of Markrting-Louis Gibson, who is a marketing master mind.

"I just felt like RCE/Konvict Muzik would be the best situation for me, man, because they understand my goals." That's why I might sign with Relevant Conduct Entertainment. Another label could've offered me five times what RCE/Konvict Muzik offered me. I just feel like this might be the perfect opportunity for me. I'm working very hard to get my label to where I need to be. To be a big label in Philly, all I needed was somebody behind me who could believe in me, who could relate to what I want get done and been through, and I think RCE/Konvict Muzik might be it."