RCA / warranty

1 PO Box 671988Marietta, GA, United States
Phone: RCA 1-877-805-0519

03/01/08 I purchased an RCA DVD recorder at Walmart#0861 + a 2 year service plan.
St# 0861 OP# 00008235 TE# 94 TR# 02393
Model DRC8335 S/N:PA091H265A0121

10/5/08 it failed, I call PCP (Product Care Plans) they said their coverage began after RCA's warranty expired. On 10/5 Barbara (with RCA [protected] ) talked me through some reboot steps and determined the unit was defective and told me to take it to Eatrada Service to be repaired. I took it to Estrada on 10/6 and they only service TVs. I called RCA back, they said they would mail a return request for it in 1 to 2 weeks. I said that was not acceptable, they emailed one by 7:35 pm that day. I shipped the unit USPS on 10/7/08, RCA received the unit 1:12pm on 10/09/08. 10/10/08 RCA(Judy) could not provide the status of my unit. Judy's supervisor said I would receive my unit or a replacement in 14 to 21 days after they received my unit on 10/09/08. 21 days later I called and ask for my unit and supervisor Joe said although RCA received the unit on 10/09/08 they did not acknowledge the unit until 10/16/08. 22 days from 10/16/08; the 7th of Nov. I called for the status again. Joe once again made poor excuses about RCA's incompetence and said it would be another week. I called back one week later 11/14/08 and Joe said RCA was unable to fulfill any of the promises they made about replacing my unit and was passing the buck to RCA's Consumer Relations (CR) dept. (who only does business 8 to 5 Mon-Fri) to provide a refund check. I called RCA's CR dept. and even though RCA has had my unit for over a month they would refund nothing until they acknowledged receipt of my proof of purchase. On 11/20/08 they acknowledged receipt of my proof of purchase and promised a refund check in six to eight weeks. 1/27 more than nine weeks later, Joey with RCA said their incompetency continues, that they have been experiencing excessive returns on this DVD recorder and not to expect anything until Feb. 27th, another month. It has been 110 days since RCA received my unit. They know NOTHING about customer service. I want a full refund of my purchase plus shipping($193.07) and reimbursement for all of my time that they have wasted.