RC Safran A Family Affair / Fraud and Extortion

1 127521/2 Oxnard StreetNorth Hollywood, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 818-980-8281

I hired RC Safran in March, to do the centerpieces and decor for my son's Bar Mitzvah in October. through the months, I gave him increments on money and owed him very little to be paid the day of the party. 4 days before the Bar Mitzvah, RC e-mailed me to tell me that he needed more money. He had nothing to show for all of the money I had already given him and basically needed to be paid all over again to do the job. Since I had already invested so much money in him and on such short notice, I personally went with him to all of the vendors and paid for all of the material again. He continued to ask me for money, to pay for his gas, pay his workers, etc. I wound up spending an addition $1900, on top of the money I had already paid him. In addition, on the day of my party, 15 of my friends showed up at the venue to put the room together - he showed up late, missing half of what he promised me, with centerpieces that were half the size of the sample he had shown me. The man extorts money from people when they are up against the wall and basically told me lies all along, in order to get my money. He looked me in the eyes and repeatedly lied and took advantage of me. No one should be put in this position when they are trying to celebrate a happy occasion. He ruined it for me.

Comments

• Sc
      23rd of Jan, 2009

He over promises and overwhelmingly under-delivers. He constantly tries to upsell you. He "forgot" several items for my party. Stay away!

• Mo
      17th of Feb, 2009

I ALSO HIRED HIM FOR MY SONS BAR MITZVAH - CASH UP FRONT - DISCOUNTED THINGS ALOT - HE NEVER SHOWED UP TO SET UP THE PARTY -SCREWED EVERYTHING UP - CONTACTED HIM - PROMISED MY MONEY BACK IN FULL - KEPT CHANGING HIS STORY - I SUED IN SMALL CLAIMS AND WON - NOW TRYING TO GET MONEY - HAS NO BANK ACCOUNTS, GUY IS A JERK...DO NOT USE HIM NO MATTER HOW GOOD OF A DEAL IT SEEMS

• Cp
      6th of Jul, 2010

He is currently trying to ruin my wedding by extorting my future wife and myself. Paid all up front and still asks for more because he said he's 'short' on money. He's a complete piece of [censor]!!

• Cp
      6th of Jul, 2010

This man is a complete piece of [censor]!! He is currently ruining our wedding. Paid him in installments to the full amount, now he's asking for more money because he's 'short'. [censor] HIM!

• Go
      12th of Jul, 2010

Same story - different ending...
    After RC told me he had no money and nothing to show for what I had already paid him, I had to hire another planner 3 days before my event. Even after all that, I still tried to be understanding. All I asked was that he pay back the thousands of dollars he was paid that he claimed he needed to buy supplies and prepay vendors - total FRAUD - he never paid anyone but himself. Every day is a new excuse why he can't pay back what he owes. But the final straw was to see recent posts on this board confirming that he continues to scam new victims.
    I am filing civil charges (small claims) but I am also pusuing criminal charges for fraud - if you have a story of fraud and extortion by this man - please message me through this board and help to put an end to his criminal behavior.
    So sad it has to come to this.

• Ni
      2nd of Aug, 2010

I have been using RC for years. There is no doubt he can be a bit flaky but he ALWAYS comes through in the end and for MUCH CHEAPER than I could get it from anyone else. I hear people complain about him all the time but what do these people think when they are expecting the world for no money. He is a good man and has a family just like all of us.