RBC Financial / Terrible experience

Received a letter dated Jan. 13, 2009 that I won $250K from this bogus financial corp. They enclosed a check for $4902 to cover misc. fees. and that I was to contact a Michelle Paylor the account manager to start the claims process. I had the check checked out (no pun intended) and it was from a valid bank by the name of Mellon Trust of New England. It's a good thing that I bothered to look this up on the internet because I now know that I'm not the only one who didn't do anything about it. I will be calling this bank in the morning to let them know about this check being drawn out on their institution. I called the number given on the bogus letter and got an answering machine but that wasn't all, the voicemail box was totally full and automatically hung up on me. A waste of an international call that I had put on my card because I have no use for international calling on my phone service. Another company listed on the check was TJX Companies, Inc. I'm gonna find out about those guys, too. Good thing I didn't try to deposit this check in my bank as I'm sure I would have been totally embarrassed! Things like this are too good to be true in this day and age, esp. for my family and I so I hope no one else is duped by this bunch of crap because I know if you're like us, this is money that could've really helped us out and there is no excuse for dangling money in front of people that could really use it. Shame on these a**holes for trying this bs. I hope they are all caught and punished severely!

Ru

More RBC Financial Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Te
      1st of Feb, 2010

I received a check written on a Bank of America Account I was to contact Jane Bell at a Canada number, it didn't work a voice mail, I went to the bank and was terribly embarassed because they wanted the letter that came with the check and the lines were getting longer and everyone was wondering what was going on, I went and got the letter from my car the check was for 3650.00 I was doing really bad that day on my way to work the little gas I did have in my car made it to the bank and I ran out at the bank my daughter brought me 3.00 worth of gas to make it to work, and I was late, I truly thought I had recieved my miracle. These creeps need to be caught, the bank wouldn't give me back the check but they did give me a copy. RBC Financial are crooks.