Razoreye Media Group Ltd. / Unauthorized billing!

1 1011 246 Stewart Green SWCalgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 305-671-3165

They offered to do a people search for $2.95, for a 3 day trial period, after which I can cancel if I want to.
If I do not cancel in this 3 day period, my bankcard will automatically be charged $39.95 each month, for unlimited use of their service. I entered my search information, they showed a match, but requested $39.95 fee in order for me to see there results. They then requested $20.00 more to show complete background check results.

I gave them my credit card info to pay for their service, to get the information I needed on the person I'm searching about. The web page repeatedly went to another search site, that required MORE money in order to complete the search.

I am now going to contact my bank card and order them to stop payment.

Va

Comments

Ke
  18th of Apr, 2008

Perhaps you misunderstood our service. The nature of our service is to provide you with links that may enable you to obtain any particular results you are searching for. We also clearly state on our order site in the Terms & Conditions that you agreed to in order to proceed with your purchase that we cannot guarantee that all records are accurate or available in our databases.

As you begin to explore the site, you will see that we have clearly separated the free and fee-based links. We want to provide you with access to the top free resources on the Net, but we feel this service would be incomplete if we did not also include some of the most useful fee-based online investigative services available.

Some information belonging to third parties is just not obtainable without paying a fee for it. Fees would depend of the individual sites you were interested in accessing. Many fees you'll run into are centered around obtaining hard copies of documents or access to private, third party databases.

The $2.95 trial fee is to use our many resources. This is all listed in the terms and conditions of the site agreed to when making the purchase.

Ch
  5th of May, 2008

I signed up for the trial period March 21, 2008 ~ I was able to use it but none of it was useful ~ they just send you to other sites that "might" have the information that you are looking for but then you have to pay those web sites more money to use them~ so web-detective is more or less a yellow pages for sites that can really give you the info your looking for ~ with a little hard work on the net you can find those sites without web-detective.

so anyway ~ I canceled the trial membership within 2 days ~ sent them an email like they requested ~ I sent my cancel request to cancel@razoreye.com explaining my dissatisfaction with their product and I have a copy of that email ~ it was $4.90 for my trial ~ waste of my money ~

then three days ago ~on a FRIDAY !! May 2, 2008 I see a pending transaction for $38.83 from web-detective on my bank account! Of course it's the freaking weekend and I can't get a hold of anyone at web-detective. So I called the two numbers I could find on the site 305-671-3165 and 877-207-0626 ~ I could only leave a message on the 305- 671-3165 and it kept cutting my off ~ so I ended up leaving three messages explaining my complaint.

then I emailed support@razoreye.com and explained my complaint in detail.

then I went to the web site http://www.web-detective.com/cancel.aspx and canceled again.

So Sat I get a call from Shelby who says that she is from web-detective ~ she explains to me that my subscription to web-detective was canceled but there was a "checked box" on the site that I DID NOT "UNCHECK" for a "privacy chest" product to help me protect my identity so that was also included in my trial package but I would have to call a separate number to cancel that ... WTF???

first off If there was a box checked for that I would have unchecked it because I have no use for a identity theft protection product ! and second why would they make it so difficult to cancel everything all at once ?? ~ third maybe it was so freaking small I didn't see it ...

Shelby said that I was supposed to get some sort of package from them via snail mail but I never got anything ~ never used the privacy chest thing ~ never even knew I was subscribed to it ~ nothing until I saw that pending charge on my account ...

Shelby said there was no manager that I could talk to and that I just had to call 888-432-4378 which was the direct number to the privacy chest ~ she said they were the only ones that could help me with my complaint...

so I called 888-432-4378, I was on hold for 33 minutes before I spoke with Darwin ~ I explained my complaint to him and he said that all he could do was cancel my subscription to privacy chest so there wouldn't be anymore charges but he could not help me with the pending transaction. He also said there was no manager that I could speak with but I could call 877-769-9323 and ask for help with the pending transaction. ... WTF ????

so then I called 877-769-9323, I was on hold for 28 minutes before I spoke with Jesse. He informed me that the only thing he could do was write a help ticket for me and submit it to the billing dept... which would get back to me via phone or email within 48 hours... he could not give me a confirmation number ~ he could not give me means to contact the billing debt directly ~ he said that his manager Maria wasn't even there ~ and wouldn't be in for a few hours but of course she would tell me the same thing he had already ~ that there was nothing else they could do to help me ~

so this freaking charge in going to go through my account tonight ~ I didn't authorize it ~ I didn't want it ~ I didn't use the product privacy chest ~ I never received any type of information that I was subscribed to it ~ I didn't even know I was subscribed to it and I can't get a hold of anyone in this company to help me get my money back ~

these people suck

Ni
  7th of May, 2008

Same thing happened to me. I am still wiating for them to ge tback. This company is fraud !!!

Mo
  23rd of May, 2008

Completely accurate. All in the same order, the same manner. The same thing happend to me. I never received anything in the mail from the fraudulent "Privacy Chest" company that would had made me aware that I was even subscribed. This company is a FRAUD. I reported them to the BBB and they responded with the same stupid explanation about the supposedly unmarked box and saying that my cc would not be charged again but this time the charges would not be refunded. They should be shut down or brought to a law suit!!!

Th
  25th of Jun, 2008

I have to agree. This company is a fraud. They are an f-in joke. They charged me 4 times for one thing and they overdrew my bank account costing me $150 in penalties. Which im on disability and this really hurts me financialy. I just want my money back thats all.

Ma
  17th of Sep, 2008

I received an email with a charge of 37, 00 (whatever that is). I was to be charged $2.95 for a 3 day search, if there were results. There were NONE. I then understood I would not be charged anything if the search was unsuccessful, which it was. Also, I understood if I did not want to continue I needed to notify you in 3 days. My electricity has been out for over three days, due to 75 mile an hour winds, so had no way to know the search was unsuccessful or that I needed to cancel. Please cancel this purchase as I have no intention of paying for any of it.

PLEASE CANCEL ACCOUNT!

Ke
  19th of Oct, 2008

Ditto from me. I never received anything via snailmail AND that box that you are supposed to UNCHECK does not say that it needs to be unchecked, it just kinda looks like a PR piece on the page designed to include a check and doesn't say anything about opting out. I did get a prompt response from their email system but they won't refund the $38 for Privacy Chest.

Ti
  6th of Nov, 2008

I am dealing with this as well.
My major issue is that I have never been to this site in the first place.
I just discoverd thier charge on my bill for Web-Detective, after asking WTF? I did some research and discovered that they have been dinging my account for over NINE MONTHS!

Apparently my information had been compromised, as I would NEVER pay money to find people online. (It is WAY too easy to do that for free)

I just recived my "Help ID Number" from Addison Jones @ 877-769-9323. He informed me that he will have someone from the "Resolutions Dept." contact me within 48 hours.

so now I wait...

In case anyone is interested:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=1011+246+Stewart+Green+SW+Calgary, +Alberta&ie=UTF8&safe=on&ll=51.016805, -114.166918&spn=0.020113, 0.038452&t=h&z=15

Wi
  6th of Feb, 2009
Razoreye Media Group Ltd. - Un-Authorized Charges
Web Detectives and others
Florida

This is less of a complaint and more of a solution. While going over my credit card statement I found a charge for $39.95 to Web Detectives. I had signed up for another service on a 3 day trial for $2.95 to do some research which I canceled the same day. However, while clicking through the windows missed a pre marked check box for Web Detectives. I attempted to contact Razoreye who actually have an option for canceling service during the telephone options. I sat on hold for 45 minutes and hung up. MY NEXT CALL WAS TO MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND I REPORTED MY CARD STOLLEN AND DISPUTED THE CHARGE AS UNAUTHORIZED. They promptly credited my account, contacted Razoreye who did not dispute issue, end of story. Hope this helps others...