Raymour & Flanigan / poor quality furniture

Let me start by saying that I call this store Raymour and Crapigan because that is what you're buying if you purchase furniture from this store. My husband and I purchased a leather sectional that we paid about $4000 in cash in June 2005. The one piece had to be replace right away because the top was sloped. It took about a month to get this replaced. Once that was replaced, all seemed fine until about 4 months later when my 8 year old, who weighed 40 lbs, sat down and the entire bottom fell out of the middle section of one of the couches. We turned the couch over and found that there was nothing in the way of support or cushioning underneath the furniture. It was ply wood and foam wrapped in leather!

We call Raymour & Crapigan to get the usual run around that we must have sat down on the furniture incorrectly etc. and that we could replace the furniture but they would only give us half of what we spent. My response, Hell No! We had only had the furniture for about five months and it was completely unusable. They agreed to let us select new furniture with full credit.

This time we selected furniture without leather covering thinking that the interior of the furniture would be made better. Silly us! Once we had the new furniture selected and all pieces delivered it was now February 2006. It is now 2007 and we once again need to replace the Raymour and Crapigan furniture. This time we will not bother with this company. I don't need the hassle or the lip from the poorly trained customer service people and I don't want anymore poorly made furniture.

Comments

Em
  27th of Jan, 2010

I bought a couch and a deluxe rocker, recliner chair I only had the furniture for two years, first the couch was a recliner, the head rest of the section was 3 inches lower than the rest of the other head rest, the cushion unerneath the middle was actually all falling out from underneath the couch and the middle seat finally caved in and the chair was put together with plywood and broke from the seat. Now that the seat is useless, I remembered someone who worked for Alperts, mentioned that they take broken furnture and fixes them up in the warehouse, and now that raymour and flanningan's took over I believe it is still going on somethings don't change. Sorry for not listening to my better judgement

Ba
  30th of Jul, 2011
Raymour and Flanigan - Poor Quality Furniture
Raymour and Flanigan
New Jersey

BEWARE! WORST FURNITURE EVER BOUGHT! ONLY BUILT TO LAST TILL IT COMES TO CUSTOMER HOME IN MY EXPERIENCE
I bought several pieces of family room and dining room furniture from Raymour & Flanigan (Lawrenceville, New Jersey) in April 2011. Was my first trip to Raymour & Flanigan. Here is what happened to the Wooden Dining Room Chairs with leather seats and back (SKU # 798072775) - The wooden sides and the legs of the dining set chairs have nicks all over. I can see yellow raw wood underneath. After two weeks, a screw fell off from one of the chair and another chair had leather wearing out from seat corners.
Here is what happened to the Wooden Fireplace with side drawers (SKU# 399033009) – Without touching it ever, Nicks appeared over the edges. After opening the side drawers a few times, the top corners of the drawers are all peeled exposing the raw wood underneath.
Here is what happened to the Two Full Size Leather Reclining Sofa sets (SKU# 202282959) – After few days of purchasing stitches from one of the seats opened. One of the reclining seats does not stay stable and is wobbly. Threads are hanging out randomly from various parts of the seams on both the sofa sets.
Here is what happened to the Wooden Coffee table – It was dirty when it was delivered to my home so I cleaned the table top with wood polish. The table became smudgy and smoggy. I called the store and was told not to use wood polish instead clean with soap and water. Well that cleaned it. After few days two 2 oily looking spots appeared. Tried cleaning but didn’t go away. Table was not used this far. To date not a single thing is put on it but has a scratchy look all over.
Furniture continues to fall apart. I bought the Platinum Protection Plan and have so far had them come twice. New damage has occurred since then. Calling them every month for a new fix is not a solution.
I do not have small kids and nor is the furniture used daily. I am not sure how the top management and the CEO of Raymour & Flanigan continue to market such products. It’s a shame.

Di
  3rd of Nov, 2014

Purchased a leather sofa "on clearance" at $700. The frame from left to right, sags
or is broken in the middle. The sofa is JUST two years old - purchased 10/31/2012 - and I live alone! How much abuse could one adult that works full-time put on a sofa? Called Customer Service - Oh, because I purchased on clearance, there is NO WARRANTY. This is absolute stupidity - are they inferring that it is disposable as a piece of garbage because it is in their clearance department? Why don't they call it the "Broken Junk" department?
The frame of the sofa touches the floor at midpoint of the sofa - it is suspended above the two feet (or actually 4 feet) the rest of the sofa. This is a piece of garbage - the brand is ELBA. Why would a store continue to sell such substandard quality - and then scold you for "purchasing in the clearance department" - as though I bought something from a garage sale. This is NOT acceptable.